Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Yamaha guys piss me off (some of them)

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2001, 11:36 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NOT trying to start a big war or battle here.
Im just expressing my opinion.

Why is it that SOME (not ALL, but lots) of yamaha people
dog other brands so much?

Saw a guy with a sticker on the back of his truck that read something like this "ride a Honda, your a pu$$y" or SOMETHING similar to that.
Ive NEVER EVER seen a Honda person straight out brand bash like that.
This is the second stiker of this kind that ive seen.

Why are some people (my Yamaha YZ250 riding bro in law for example)
so macho that they wouldnt even consider a Honda.

A message to those people. Honda has made some of the BEST quads/cars/motorcycles ever.

I just dont understand it. This frustrates me.
I would NEVER sport a sticker that dogs another brand.
Would you think that people saw your sticker and were impressed or what?

(I know, not all Yamaha people are like this. I have a raptor riding buddie who is awsome and loves my 400EX)

-Matt

Old 06-09-2001, 12:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

I totaly agree with you, honda does make some really good quads, but then so do the other brands. My cousin has a grizzly and he thinks that he has the best quad on earth. I agree that it is a good qaud but not the best. He says that he can pull or go thru anything with it, but at the atv pulls the polaris 400 always wins. Then he just has to make up a bunch of excuses why the grizzly never wins.

just my two cents

kevin

Old 06-09-2001, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

Dude,everybdy does that stuff. I mean come on what a lame post. Havnt you seen fordvr chevy. Hod vrs yamaha is the main motorccle just like those two are for autos. You see just s many Honda people bashng yamaa, kawi and bomb as any other brandsbashing. Just wake up man.

Old 06-09-2001, 02:52 AM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Dont let it get to you its the same thing when im driving"honda" and a chevy pulls next to me starting to rev i just nod and he starts ranting this and that so race him and beat him hes like what the hell as i smile him not knowing a got a 12 sec. beast.

Old 06-09-2001, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

I had a '94 300ex. Loved it, but wanted more power. Bought a new banshee in '98. I had Trinity build it to a Stage III 420. Excellent powerband. A month ago, I bought a new 2001 CBR 929 RR and I haven't ridden the banshee since. I ride with guys that have Kawi's and Suzuki's too. They're all awesome machines. To each his own.

Old 06-09-2001, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

Honda and Yamaha are both guilty. More so than any of the other forums. The Younger crowd goes with the Sport Quads, and the combination of testosterone and aqua velva breeds brand loyalty ready to take on all comers.
.. These are tough rooms. But this is where the action is,, so,, play?,, or go home..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
If you want mellow, go talk to the Arctic Cat guys,,,,The Bomb boys are pretty cool, and still like speed. Polaris guys are pretty cool, with a few hotheads thrown in, but you know how people with a weight problem and delusions of grandeur can be,,,Damn, there I go talking about myself again....

Old 06-10-2001, 01:23 AM
Range Rover

I own a Yamaha (3) and Suzuki (1) and will soon be buying a Kawasaki for my wife. I my "humble" opinion, ATV manufacturers build good quads... If they didn't, they wouldn't stay in business. As for people "*******" other peoples quads, trucks, bikes, cars, etc. who cares? This is a great country that we live in: We have the right to express our own opinion, and it's ok if no one else agrees. I personally don't care what anyone drives on the HWY, or what brand of ATV they own.... I will ride with anyone regardless of the quad they have. If I was in a race, I would care..... Only because I have lost to the 400EX too many times...but I do make them work for the victory! Some people apparently have to make themselves feel superior by "*******" everyone elses ride. What ever their shallow minds require.

Just my opinion...

Old 06-10-2001, 10:37 AM

My daddy is stronger than your daddy...

Imbackformore

Old 06-10-2001, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider

Personally, I don't judge any person on what they drive/ride. It's crazy. I ride a Polaris Sport 400, and I have owned a Yamaha Blaster, and a Honda CR250, and my car has an engine made by YAMAHA in it. Does that mean I have multiple personalities? NO! I think that most people ride what appeals to them, and/or what they can afford. If I were to go out and buy a brand new quad it would probably be a Raptor. Not because I have a Yamaha fetish, but because it has all the things that I like, including Reverse. If you were to put reverse on a 400ex then I would really have to think about which quad I liked better. It has nothing to do with the brand...it has to do with the options. If I could pick any quad, new or used, I would choose a 250r believe it or not. However, and most importantly, anybody who behaves differently because of the 4-wheeler they drive needs a real wake up call. Anybody who is that obsessed really needs to get a life.

-Josh

Old 06-10-2001, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider

Hey man, Its freedom of speach, You dont like it move to cuba or something......
Im reminded of a matador and a bull, the matador waves his red cape at the bull, and the bull instictivly takes it as a challenge, charging at the matador the competition begins . You have 2 choices, leave the red cape alone, or grow a set, and accept the challenge...

Quick Reply: Yamaha guys piss me off (some of them)