Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2001, 08:58 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They should have the tranny problem fixed, this one uses a belt

Old 06-12-2001, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

All these great new 'ute quads. Everyone should thank Polaris. They changed everything with the Sportsman. Others have "finally" caught up. Polaris will one up everyone next. While their sport quads may be just medicore, they usually rule the 'ute market.

Old 06-13-2001, 02:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hey buddy, "there are no stupid questions only stupid people"- I call that Irony. The engine and speed are just a plus. Thats not what makes this quad so sweet. Sure its going to be fast, but thats not the point. The point is that its got 2wd,4wd, and differential lock, along with a fully independant suspension, disc brakes, and almost a foot of ground clearance. All this and still only 600lbs. Add in the impressive digital display with gear indicators and fuel guage, and you've got a pretty nice ride here. Sure a lot of that stuff could tear up, but so would a prairie or rubicon. They have digital displays as well.

Size matters to a point, but its the fact that Yamaha finally put about everything that people want into the same machine. Seems like thats what most people have been waiting for.

Everyone has been trying to catch the sportsman for a long time now, and nobody has gotten it done. The main reason being the IRS of the sportsman. Yamaha finally figured that out, along with adding a diff-lock option, so I guess we'll see how things turn out.

Old 06-13-2001, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider

What type of engine does this use?? Is it a new design or just the Raptors engine with more torque. Whatever it is I'm going to sure look at one to buy cause I need to have something comparable to my friends Sportsman 500 HO.

Old 06-13-2001, 01:12 PM
Trailblazer

NOW, if I'm not mistaken. Isn't the honda forum the one that had the post about how yamaha owners are stuck up and always put honda's down. It looks to me like it's some of the HONDA owners doing this. Grow up. He made the post for people to see. Maybe there are people on here looking for a SPORT utility quad with 4x4 that haven't looked in the yamaha forum or on their web page. MOTO93, zeebo, you give all of use quad riders bad names by posts like you have made. What would happen if some official read these posts. We would be back at the bottom. People would look down on us as arrogant, cocky, STUCK UP, people who do nothing but make fun of, ripp on, and put down other people, all becuz they don't ride the same brand of quad as you. Please, don't put down a machine cuz it's not red or a honda or what you want. Maybe someone else who owns a HONDA will want one. I know my pap is going to be getting one and he owns a HONDA, that's right, a HONDA.

Old 06-13-2001, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider

Great..another yammy that my 400ex will have trouble with! Seriosly though, if I had over $7000 just sitting around, I would have one in a heartbeat! Looks like a kick-*** quad.

Old 06-13-2001, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider

Im going to watch my Ps and Qs now that Im in the Holy Honda forum.
GET BENT
The new Griz is a industry atom bomb that can only do good for our sport. Some people like to ride great quads that do it all,
(1) good ride
(2) 65 plus MPH when you want it
(3) 4X4 for Muddin, plowing snow, working at home, etc.
(4) oh, did I mention fast?
(5) $7000 is probably a drop in the bucket compared to a modded 400ex tryin to keep up with a Raptor or DS.
Take a good look at the quads around you in the next year or so, get used to the sight of DO ALL Beasts like the new Griz.
When I go to the dunes I see modded sport quads all over just taking up space. Most are either beeing worked on in the pits or shut off at the bottom of a big hill, talkin to other modded sport quad owners.
Lots of quad people like to RIDE the quad they spend there hard earned money on.
Polaris started this a long time ago Im glad to finaly see some options from other manufacturers.
Just because Honda is blind to how this type of quad is used by the customer, dosn't mean everyone else has to miss the BAD *** BOAT.

Old 06-13-2001, 10:34 PM
Range Rover

skikke
I never said that it isnt good unless its a honda I like banshees , ds 650 , LT250R , LT500 , warrior , some things about the raptor , mojaves , and many many more that ARENT HONDAS and Andrew Thomas the only thing I am thankful for is a good laughf now and then!

Settle down zeebo

Old 06-13-2001, 10:39 PM
Range Rover

QUESTION where are you guys finding out this info can somebody tell me the web site

Old 06-13-2001, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider

I just think if people want to hear about Yamahas they will look in the Yamaha forum. Not being ignorant, but look at it like this. It is like when someone pulls up beside you and they are playing music that you dont like very loud. You dont want to hear it if you did you would have it on your radio. So that is why there is a honda forum and a yamaha forum. It is like listening to country and having somebody pull up beside you with rap music thumping.

Seriously, I dont go in the Yamaha forum, and I dont make fun of Yamahas or their riders. However, I am very happy with my Honda and basically use the Honda forum to check with other 400EX riders. Then I will look in the racing forum to see what is going on in the GNCs or locally.

Adam Smith

99 400EX

Quick Reply: Lookout!