Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Really, how can I justify buying a Honda??

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2001, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I just sold my 335 Sportsman...so tommorrow I will be picking up a red (ONLY red Grizzly in Utah) Grizzly....7,240 OTD (Already put down deposit)...And I'll then take it for a 60 mile trip at 11,000 ft. elevation on Sunday...really it's the wife's quad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. If it doesn't feel good to her we'll probably get a Rancher instead. Good riddance Polaris!!

Old 06-22-2001, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

another typical post from TheQuadLamer

do you ever have anything positive to say? I guess to find anything you say thats positive I'd have to look in the Polaris forum?

Old 06-23-2001, 04:29 AM
Trailblazer

Anyone who can justify buying a polaris,when you know your going to have it in the shop fixing and replacing something on it constantly,shouldn't have any problems laying down cash on a honda.

Old 06-23-2001, 11:32 AM
Pro Rider

99 Grizz....if that post was directed to me you're wrong. I put over 1,000 miles on my Polaris an NEVER had a problem with it..it was a tank and it's too slow, but it was only a 335. Anyway, I'm on my way to get the Grizz in 2 hrs.

Old 06-23-2001, 06:23 PM
Trailblazer

Very easy if you want the highest quality,longest lasting,least maintenance, and most dependable atv made Honda is the champion hands down.

Old 06-23-2001, 11:02 PM
Trailblazer

i would defintely get the grizz, but the reason i would get it is because it goes through the mud really well.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 06-24-2001, 12:56 AM
wyd
Range Rover

It seems that all Honda people always talking about reliability but how about some technology other than a special trans. that most dealers could never fix. They seem to live off reliability and nothing else. Know that is important but so are some other things. How about disk brakes. How many top notch cars use drums (none unless you drive a Yugo). How about in/out 4wd, larger gas tanks for extended rides, better suspension travel. Just some things that could really be improved.

I like Honda overall and yes I ride a Polaris(0 problems as with the other 15 people I ride with with Polaris) but I also like all the major brands. No atv is perfect but don't just live on it will last long and have not alot to offer other than that. Most only keep them for a year or two anyway.

Old 06-24-2001, 08:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wyd, you have raised some good points. I think that most would agree that there are some areas that Honda could improve on, as with most, if not all bikes. I like my Hondas, but have owned other brands in the past, and may again.

I have seen reliable bikes of most brands, and unreliable bikes of most brands. Some of this is a function of owner treatment/maintainance.

It is my personal view, that the more electronics appear on quads, the larger the potential for problems. For ALL brands.
I work in the automtive industry, and have seen this on cars. While computers can and do create a wide variety of technical innovation, diagnosing and correcting problems with them requires experienced, qualified people. The average guy who fixed his own problems in the past, will need to rely more on his dealer/mechanic. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

You are absolutely, totally correct about one thing. A lot of people don't own their bikes long enough to really comment about reliability. One or two years of ownership, irregardless of mileage , is not really a fair way to evaluate reliability.

I really get amused when I read about the new Prairie or Grizz, and all these guys say " Well, Polaris had better do something!" or "There's Honda, left behind again!". If big was the only measure of what's good in life, none of us would have wives or girlfriends, they'd all be living with **** stars..... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Iknow, Iknow, maybe that's not such a bad idea. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Personally, I couldn't imagine needing anything bigger than a 400 for what I do.

Old 06-24-2001, 09:55 AM
wyd
Range Rover

LotusPosition glad you didn't think I was bashing because I was trying to go with what I know and read on these sites.

Where do you ride at? I live like 5 minutes from Harrisburg. I ride at Micheaux State Park alot. If New Castle is close maybe we can ride together sometime. Just went to Renova last week near Lock Haven. Also will be riding at Tower City(joining the club soon). Also going to look at a place in Ravine near Tower City. It is one exit before. Suppose to be a nice place and you are aloud to ride without getting hassled as long as everyone treats it with respect.

Old 06-24-2001, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider

TexDousche:

Do a search on the Rubicon, and read all of the problems it has already had

enuff said.

Quick Reply: Really, how can I justify buying a Honda??