Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Whats a good layout for a MX track

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2001, 06:18 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am considering building a MX track, any one know good sites where I can copy some layouts, or anyone got Ideas.

Old 06-27-2001, 01:46 PM
Range Rover

I want to build one also, when you find some drawings of one send um to me

Old 06-27-2001, 02:17 PM
Range Rover

send um to me too

Old 06-27-2001, 03:56 PM
Trailblazer

Use your imagnation. We are building one and so far we have a up hill that goes into a table top and than goes into a longer table a set of doubles than a down hill with two jumps on it a long strait away and a couple of random of jumps here and there. Its been through a couple of different changes. I would not recommend it unless you have axcess to at least a small loder with a backhoe.

Old 06-27-2001, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

Listen to BooBoo. We had to use our imagination as well. We made ours for quads and dirtbikes, that was the only problem. I'll eaplain what we did. Get a piece of paper and pen. First, there is a 60 foot straight that hits into a 180 degree berm (comes right back). go about 10 feet and hit a double and right into a 90 degree right turn with a huge berm. straight to a table top. when landing a table top, we go up a slight hill (we built the track into a hill)and hit another berm turning 180 degrees again. coming down the slight hill there is a triple. landing the triple you go into a 90 degree right turn with a berm(parallel to the straight). out of the berm you hit a double and go right around a little pond (one hug berm around the pond). back up a slight hill and go left. there, there is a series of whoops(running the ridge of the hill. then sharp left down the hill and another double. quick left and quick right. with the terrain, you are now in a hug gully. out of the gully there is a huge catapolt type of single jump (major air!!!) landing that, sharp left and now you are on that huge straight. there we have a launch. Not a high launch but a long launch and then you are back to where you started.

We needed some extra dirt and a bobcat. took some time but it was worth it. I can try to get some pictures. It sure is awesome though. we made ours about 7 or 8 feet wide. works great.

Hope this give some ideas. Let me know what you do.

NT

Old 06-27-2001, 04:56 PM
Range Rover

Sounds awesome. When you get some pics make sure you make it a main topic so i don't miss it!

Old 06-28-2001, 01:11 AM
Range Rover

Nice Track Man!! Is it your land? How many ACRES is it on? SWEET!

Old 06-28-2001, 01:33 AM
Pro Rider

Belive it or not, the land belongs to a 40 year old man. My bro works with him. He has farm equipment (bobcat, backho, etc.) and he lets us use it whenever we want. The only catch is that he wants to ride the track. The guy is a cool **** and is actually pretty good on his bike (97 CR250). At times we have 10 guys out there. One huge party. Ride all day and get a fire and drink all night. The nice thing is that is is about 300 yards off the road and damn near in the middle of nowhere. We have never had the cops out there because of noise.

I will take pictures or make a drawing if you guys are interested. It took a lot of time and some money. Not much because we had the equipment already. I'll what I can do.

NT

Old 06-28-2001, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider

sorry bro - forgot to answer one of the questions. the track itself is on a 4-5 acre section right behind the barns and houses. We designed the track with a lot of space so we can change it whenever we want.

NT

Old 06-28-2001, 01:42 AM
Range Rover

Yeah, send me a picture of it, and you catching some air. Sounds like a fun track!

Quick Reply: Whats a good layout for a MX track