Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

UNI

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2001, 04:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

would A uni air filter be good for my recon>>>are they as good as k&n??even though they are foam.

Old 06-29-2001, 05:28 PM
Pro Rider

If you were you, I would go with the UNI, and here's why. I've owned both, a K&N (for my Recon), and a UNI (for my 416ex and Blaster). The K&N let dirt into the engine on my recon, and it was properly cleaned and oiled, but I've never had a problem with UNI's. A K&N is designed for on the street, while a uni is designed for off-road conditions. A K&N will let water pass through it, but a properly oiled foam filter will repel water. For the issue of which flows better, K&N may have a slight advantage, but if it does, it wouldn't be noticable because of the small amount of air the recon takes in.

P.S. The cheaper price of the UNI is just icing on the cake.

Old 06-29-2001, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider

I am with 250rampage. But it kinda depends on what kinda riding you do. For example, if you ride motocross, (which you porbaly don't) the K & N will let in the small particles from the dirt. that is why most pros usually opt for the UNI. If you ride in real dusty conditions then I would go for UNI. But if you don't ride in either of those I would go with K&N. Unless you are in mud or water like that.

Old 06-29-2001, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

Wells here what I do. I run a K&N and I also run a PC filter cover designed for a foam filter around it. This is said to catch atleast 95% of all the dirt and believe me you can see it on there. Its not an outerwear but it can be cleaned and re oiled. I run in really dry and dusty conditions sometimes and really wet stuff somethimes and its never filed me.