Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Lesson Learned: Choose riding partners carefully.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2001, 01:18 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went riding with a couple of boys tonight for the first time ever. I've known one of them for a couple of years now, but we had never gone on a ride together till tonight. He wanted to go somewhere that I had never been before, and since I trusted him I went. We rode down a trail to a two lane blacktop road, and road it for a couple of miles, which I was paranoid as hell and didn't like at all. Then we took this trail that led to some body's barn, I figured we turn and go back but nope we went through the barn, he said the guy that owned it didn't mind. Rode for about 5 miles on a really nice trail, I enjoyed that much of it. That trail led to a one lane black top road and we were only on it for a quarter of a mile or so, then we turned off. As we were turning off there was a car coming back up the other way, and it turned off at the same place we did. There were some houses there so I just thought they lived there. Soon we were by all the houses and I looked back and the car had decided to go wild, it floored it and came up to us flying. Kept catching up and backing off, then a couple of pistol shots went off, and it kept runnin up on us, and of course I was in the back, petrified. We finally got to a place were they had to stop, they wound up getting there car stuck and firing a couple more shots in the air. When we got to the top of the hill the boy told me they had permission from the land owner to ride, and nothing like that has ever happened and they ride that road all the time. I figure it may have been a couple of drunks, or punks, or who the heck knows what, but I have never been so scared for my own life. Of course from the top of the hill we were own led to a strip job, and there were other ways off. I made them take me off another way, told them to avoid as much blacktop as possible, and I came back home. It was a pretty fun trip until that happened, but I learned that I won't ever trust him as a partner again. It was almost a life changing experience, it happened hours ago and my nerver still aren't straightened out. I'm to the point were I feel sick still.

So you all just be careful who you pick as a riding partner, make sure they know were they are going and the kind of people you can expect to put up with along the way.

Old 07-01-2001, 01:23 AM
Range Rover

wow thats really scary. hope nothing like that happens to me

Old 07-01-2001, 02:19 AM
Trailblazer

You most likely got to close to someones weed patch, man you are lucky no matter what the reason was. a lot of fried people out there making meth & the sort be careful.

Old 07-01-2001, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider

i think leadman is right.
should of called the cops. who cares if your riding the road and you know you where wrong. no one has the right to be playing with guns like that.

Old 07-02-2001, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider

I think you should have called the cops. Who do you think they would go after more, a couple of trespassers, or a federal firearms charge? Of course, with my luck, it would be the sheriff's brother that was doing the shooting.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-02-2001, 02:05 PM
Range Rover

I dunno if calling the cops would have helped all that much. I couldn't give a very accurate description of the car, just that its an older model red camaro, and the area they were in. The bad thing is that in that area its camaro city, every other house has one up there seems like.

I wouldn't have had to worry much bout the cops anyway, I know the sheriff, and went to school with both his sons who are now deputies. I already told one of them about it, and he said he would tell some of the other guys to look out for a car like that in the area. He said its not the first time someone has had trouble out of that type of car in that hollow.

The idea about it being to close to someones pot patch is probably the truth. There is quite a bit of known drug activity in that hollow so you are probably right.

Old 07-03-2001, 05:11 AM
Pro Rider

woah that sucks man.. I would of drove home, called up some people, and drove around looking for the guy and go back to all the houses i drove by and take the law into my own hands.. I know its dangerous but hey im a kid, i do stupid stuff like that.

peace, and allways carry your colt .45 for when the riding gets tough

Old 07-03-2001, 09:19 AM
Trailblazer

pardon my ignorance, but what is a hollow?

Old 07-03-2001, 12:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

Time permitting
,I would of unstraped my 45 and fired back,only thru the windshield instead of the air,

Bill

Old 07-03-2001, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider

I know this is off the subject but, Leadman... where in the world is Loogoote, Indiana? I grew up in Connersville and now live in Warsaw, but have never heard of Loogoote.

Quick Reply: Lesson Learned: Choose riding partners carefully.