Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Please , Please help me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2001, 09:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i hope u guys can help i recently bought a '86 250r and it ran great when i drove it at the guys house but when i got it home the head pipe blew off. its a paul turner race pipe and this being my first r im not for sure if it susposed to have a gasket of some sort holding it on. but it has what appears to have been a gasket on it that has burnt up. so any help would be a great help.

Old 07-06-2001, 02:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spookdog,

Be more specific, is it the 89 TRX Race Pipe, or the TRX5 Woods pipe?? If it is the TRX Race Pipe, the place where the pipe joins is inside the frame. There should probably be an Oring there where the two pipes meet. There should be springs holding the pipe together as well. The TRX5 Pipe will join outside the frame. It uses no gasket, but you need to put a silicone based sealant around the plac where it joins. It too, uses springs. I hope i have helped. Oh yeah, the pipe may have blown apart because of too much carbon buildup. This indicates you are running too rich of a premix mixture, and your motor is running dirty. You probably need to lean your mixture (i.e. 32:1-50:1) If you have any more questions please ask. Also, what kind of premix are you running??