Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

FUNNY COP STORY INVOLVING ME

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2001, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I had a cop pull up to me while I was crossing my road going home, right across the street. HE pulls up and says "We've been having complaints about people riding up and down THIS road", Me- "ohh ya, really?, well I saw a guy on a motorcycle going about 100mph down this road about 1/2 hour ago", cop-"ohh really?, It wasnt you then?", me-"NOOO". So my parents come out and say to the cop "ohh it's ok it's not him", WE phoned in complaining about a motorcycle going fast on our road". I was like OHHH good, I'm not in trouble. So he asks my parents what way did this KID on a crotch rocket go last, so he headed that WAY.

The funny thing is he never said "we are having complaints about people riding MOTORCYCLES down the road." So of course he picks on the guy(me) who he sees on an ATV first. Cops dont know anything.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-07-2001, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

thats pretty funny lol lol what a dumby lol cops these days me and my freind just blow away a cop yesterday he came running down after me and my freinds and we went right around him. lol

Old 07-07-2001, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider

LOL That's funny...DID HE HAVE A DOUGHNUT IN HIS MOUTH WHEN HE WAS RUNNING??, LOL!!

Old 07-08-2001, 01:16 AM
Trailblazer

Hey fellas, just do me a favor, remember that not all cops are knuckleheads that bother young people. I'm a cop and I was on the MX track all day today on my MX 400EX having fun just like you. I don't mess with ATVer's or cycles as long as they aren't going to hurt anyone.

But remember, they don't know everything and he probably didn't say he did, he's just doing his job responding to a complaint that your parents made. When he got there you could have been the problem for all he knew. You probably wouldn't be on a national forum ramming on the guy if he responded so promptly to a call at your house because someone had just stolen your atv, RIGHT?

Anyway, just trying to lend some perspective, don't put us all in the same group. Ride fast, take chances and rip s... up!!

Old 07-08-2001, 03:52 AM
Weekend Warrior

He pulls up says he has had complaints of people riding on your road and your crossing the road that he had complaints about.Sounds to me he would be stupid not to ask you a few questions. You should'nt be offended if you were'nt doing anything wrong. I'll bet you have let eat up and down that road a few times. I'm not a cop, but guys this cop bashing that is going on is wrong on this one. He was doing his job and doing it correctly and with some common cense that some don't have. He could of made it hard on you if he wanted to. Sounds to me like he was a pretty good guy. It's that bad atitude towards cops that gets you treated like peice crap!

Old 07-08-2001, 08:56 AM
Pro Rider

I Know I get mad when somebody talks about ATVER'S and say that they are dangerous and stupid. It's just not true sure there are some out there but not all. Same as Cops, Im not going to lie there are some cops out there that dont belong out there. But the job that we do we never know what we are dealing with and trust me what the public tells you and what really is going on can be two different things. If it was me in that case i would have done the same thing. You are lucky, he could have still wrote you a ticket for operating an off road vehicle on the roadway. So dont talk bad about a man who Prob. just cut you a break.

Old 07-08-2001, 03:02 PM
Trailblazer

I agree. The generalizations made about police officers are not appropriate. Both of you need to chill out and think before you speak.

Old 07-08-2001, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider

I was there with kkkiller300ex when the cop came "running" after us . we were all sitting on our wheelers and one dirtbike and all the sudden we heard a car door slam . me friend says "did you heeer that?" the ohter one says "ya sounds like a car door . " then we were like "lets go !!" so we started up and looked back and there was the big bad cop behind us . he was pretty stupid thought because the trail we took went towards his car and came out down the road from it about 50FT ! i dont think he was down there looking for us though because right down the trail there was a stolen busted to hell COKE machine and when we came back it was gone .

Old 07-08-2001, 03:27 PM
Range Rover

I wouldn't think much of it. One of my neighbors got a quad the other day and he asked me about any laws pertaining to ATVs around here. I was never to sure about it so he called our local law enforcement agency to clear it up. Come to find out in this part of KY at least, there is a 2 tenths of a mile thing, its legal to ride on blacktop that far from home. Thats good for me since that puts the trailhead just in legal limits. While on the phone tho, the officer he was talking to was also telling him that if people call and complain you can still get in trouble. Even if it was someone else being stupid on the road (and our stupid rider of the year keeps getting the cops called on him), if they get a call and the cop comes on the hollow and I'm the first person he comes across on a quad then how is he to know I'm not the one causing trouble. Around here its kind of bad because there are probably between 5 and 20 ATVs they go by my house on the road on a daily basis. Then there is that 1 kid with the orange rancher that causes trouble for everyone, and I admit that I've called on him before. When I called I had a good description of him and the quad, so the cop wouldn't be pulling everyone over, just that one kid since he has the only orange rancher around. The young one is pretty P.O.'d at me, but playing chicken with cars, and stopping beside houses is not safe or responsible riding, and I'd rather see his quad get taken away then him getting killed or severly injured.

I guess the point of the story is don't get mad at a cop for stopping you. There was a complaint about someone riding dangerously, and maybe your parents or whoever gave a vague description, or the dispatcher gave a vague despcription, and you are there first person he saw on a bike.

Old 07-09-2001, 10:24 AM
Pro Rider

Keep this in mind ppl...all of you guys that run from and/or harrass the cops, are exactly the reason they come down harder on ATV riders. All you're doing is hurting yourself in the long run, as well as the rest of us.