Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

TRX 200SX Owners...

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2001, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey people, I just wanted to ask...How are your 200SX's holding up??

Mines doing awsome, I cant believe how these older Honda machines hold up to the beating and pounding after at least 13 years. It's wierd how you hear the new Rubicons and Ranchers having problems and recalls allready, Like JRM for example, his Rubicon has gone through hell and it's hardly even been driven, I'm not dissing Honda but I'm just saying, they made their quads better back in the '80's than they do now by the sounds of things. Will these new Honda's hold up for 13-15 years without major problems, like the older ones do now?????????????

Discharge, did you ever put on a lift kit for your 200SX?? (I think it was you who said they were gonna try)

Happy Riding people[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-28-2001, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

nah i didn't have to once i mounted the tsls on it......at the end of the fall its probably gonna be sold.....its been holding up great though....only thing the breaks never really worked, thats my only complaint

Old 07-28-2001, 07:05 PM
Range Rover

discharge, on the brakes take off the little rubber plug on the drum and get a screw driver and tightin the brake pads
i had to do this on my now i can lock up all 4 wheels
by the way mine is holding up great

Old 07-28-2001, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

Nah, when you want to tighten the brakes, I suggest you take off the whole drum, then you can see whats going on and see if you need new brake shoes, you tighten the brakes up by prying the little round adjusters at the bottom upwards.

If you have the drum off, sand the brake shoes off with sandpaper to get the grit off and create more friction for the brakes.

Old 07-28-2001, 09:18 PM
Range Rover

my 200sx is still doing fine even with the hell i put it through like over reving it ( i must redline in every gear) i also tried jumps with it , dunked it in a cold stream, burnt up the roads with it (hold front brakes and spin the tires) and ive maxed out the bike with two friends riding on the rear rack

but the only problems have been the tires and that damn neutral light stays on in every gear

im moving up to a 250 or 300 so my brother gets the 200

hey atv man where in ontario do u live and where do u ride?

Old 07-28-2001, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

yea we did that but they still feel pretty crappy

Old 07-28-2001, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

I live just between Hamilton and Brantford....why, do you live in Ontario too?? WAIT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ONTARIO CALIFORNIA OR CANADA???

Old 07-29-2001, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

my grandmothers 200sx is holding up great [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

orginal plastics....orginal motor.....never touched....orginal brake shoes.....orginal chain and sprockets

on its second set of tires....(age and traction got the better of them).....

A picture of my grandmother on it when they use it for picking persimons

its at the bottom of the page

my other 200sx apparently was still in strong service on the farm i sold it too........shes on her first complete rebuild (i did it when i had it)......what a machine......wish i never sold it

Old 07-29-2001, 01:44 AM
Pro Rider

Mine has needed a new topend, clutch, starter, exhuast, and front bearings for a couple of years but only my younger sisters have been riding it once in a while. My sister was riding it today and one of the front wheels fell off becuase the bearing fell apart. I am serious. I really beat the crap out of that thing. Its been a good 4-wheeler.

Old 07-29-2001, 03:37 PM
Pro Rider

I have replaced- Fr. Bearings twice, Rr. bearings once, Tires, chain & sprockets twice, brake shoes, brake cylinders, and a bunch of nuts & bolts that broke form over the years.

I am not getting rid my 200SX until it goes to the scrap yard[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: TRX 200SX Owners...