Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Have a nice life

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2001, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL, either Tim Allen or Leno I'm guessing. Their right!

Hell, you can squirt that much hp out of the Civic with no problem too (the V-tech is a far superior power plant by the way). Civics were designed as econo-boxes and they're running 9's, big deal. You can get power out of any engine. Thats great that the Miata holds a few records in Miata dominated events. Mazdas performance car was the RX-7, it will take the Miata in every single race you could dream, period! Its brakes are a billion times better than the Miata's, the handling is a billion times better than the Miata's (you know that suspension is all aluminum using no (synonomous with none) bushings what so ever right?). So you cram some air into the Miata's sorry little power plant and it gives you a few ponies. The RX-7's 13B twin rotor doesnt care how much boost you throw at it because theres no pistons and rods to break, only thing you have to worry about is your port seals.

Adam Saruwataris (not sure about the spelling but you should recognize) RX-7 is the fastest factory chassised car in the world! Its somewhere in the 9.60's last I saw, thats a 1.3 liter rotary on a 40hp shot of nitrous (not a typo) producing roughly 650hp. Like I said before, you can make hp in any engine. He now races an NXS unfortuneatly.

Run along to your Miata forum so we dont hurt your feelings bashing you over here. I typically dont get involved in flames but this one was to hard to pass up. Boo-hoo, snurp-snurp.

Old 08-05-2001, 04:52 AM
Elite Pro Rider

My 1 ton crewcab is faster than a stock miata. Handling- that miata better have the inside groove or i will use it for extra banking. I was in one of those cars a few weeks ago. If you can pick the front and rear of a car up, it is not heavy enough for me. One of those little pissy car was being a speed monitor in the fast lane the other day, he brake checked me- almost hit the back of his head with my ranch hand bumper. I guess the miata does 1 thing better that my 1 ton. Brakes. I upgraded mine with a ranch hand.

Old 08-05-2001, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider

how fast is a stock Miata 0-60, and in the quarter mile.. anyone know?

Old 08-05-2001, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider

nevermind I found it.. a stock Mazda Miata (99) is 7.9 seconds 0-60 and 16 seconds in the quarter mile. That's actually not too bad

Old 08-05-2001, 11:22 PM
Trailblazer

yea i gotta say a miata IS a wuzzy car
u want a 4 banger with some ballz check out a turbo DSM
I.E. 1994 Eagle Talon TSI All Wheel drive [STOCK]
0-60 in 5.3 seconds [faster than a BMW M5]
1/4 mile in mid 14's
Stock they beat
mustang 5.0's
5.0 Camaro's etc,
around $1,000 into motor work and you too could be out running corvettes

Look it up and you will see im not lieing.
you race against a turbo DSM and you will get your ***** handed to you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
but anyway, yea a miata i would have to say is a POS
LATER!!!
FORGOT TO ADD ITS A 2.0 4 BANGER WITH DOHC!

Old 08-05-2001, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

Based on the response by ScramblerX...good riddance. Oh, and I'd take my '99 Prelude any day over that little roller skate.

Old 08-05-2001, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

yea.. I gotta upgrade from my Buick. It's 9 seconds 0-60 and 16 seconds in the quarter mile. I want a sports car!!

Old 08-06-2001, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider

i am not trying to support MrC01400ex but the Miata is a very good handling car. No it will not win many drag races but it will out corner any stock car well within its price range. These cars have proven this time and time again in the various racing circuits across the world. They would get spanked on long, wide, straight tracks but tight, technical tracks, they are very impressive. Not a wussy car.

Old 08-06-2001, 02:31 AM
Trailblazer

You Miata bashers do your ancestors proud.The part I don't get is this.Why ride a Honda ATV if H.P. is all you can appreciate.You'll find much more power in a Banshee,Raptor or DS650.The Miata is THE best balanced sports car you can buy,period. You have obviously never driven a Miata and even if you had, you would still not have the gray matter to drive it effectively or recognize it's outstanding level of performance.The original poster was right, there isn't anything an intelligent person can learn here.

Old 08-06-2001, 09:22 AM
Pro Rider

Best balanced car money can buy??? Period?? How 'bout the S2000?? I'll go out on a limb (no actual proof/numbers) and say the S2000 is a superior car in every possible way, including best balanced car.

Quick Reply: Have a nice life