Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Pa's new ATV law :-(

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2001, 10:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They could make this a good thing if they would allow us to ride on the state forest roads and snowmobile areas but they probably won't. I checked out their web site, there is 10 official state trails that combine for a whopping 188 miles. That is 18-19 miles per trail. That is unexceptable if you have to haul the damn quad for 2,3 or even 4 hours to get to the trail. Hopefully local gov will step in and open up some of there roads/trails to us. I mean ATV's are big business in the smaller towns in central pa where I ride and if sales drop they way I think they will, these dealers,and repair shops are gonna take a beating. I guess the politicians couldn't see the economic impact here. As far as out of state riders, you may not have to register, but beware, the fines have been doubled in most cases and I'm sure they will gladly accept your money to if your not on the "trail system" or other approved riding area. I just heard about a guy who was riding (on state game lands) and he approached a guy who was working, or appeared to be, on his quad. So he stops to give a hand and to his disgust it was a game warden posing as ant ATVer and fined him almost $200 for being on un-approved riding area. I think they are gonna be like vultures when this thing goes into affect so be careful and don't get caught.

Old 08-17-2001, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It appears the state is simply trying to get a handle on the problem of stolen ATVs. I'll bet you will need a title or other proof of ownership to get your quad registered which of course theives will not be able to produce. Anyone who is caught without registration is then a someone who might be riding a stolen ATV.