Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Read if you dare

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2001, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AMERICAN TRUCKS KICK A$$ my dads 87' GMC 1 ton has NEVER had any major problems and he drives it everyday for 14 years to work plus he plows with it and use to hauls trailors with it and he has hauled our camper with it too and it still kicks @$$ even after 14 years of hard use.

Old 08-17-2001, 01:20 PM
Range Rover

Toyotas Dominate? What are you reading the Magazines like Motor Trend or Car and Driver? They sure aren't dominating in Sales. They don't have more power. You're drunk if you think they look better. The big three all have good quality. Now I don't think the people buying full size trucks these days really need them, but if the soccer moms and balding young guys want to buy a truck cause there Mustang broke down I'd rather see them in a Chevy.

Woodo

Old 08-17-2001, 02:00 PM
Pro Rider

Toyota's and other foreign trucks (in general) are good for two things... daily driving in town or what-not... you know.. they guy that hauls a bed to his moms house once in awhile, and then for mod'ing and making into rock crawlers.
When it comes to people who really "use" a truck, the foreign ones just aren't tough enough. They don't have the power, and sure... if you drive and treat them like a car they will last for years, but if you drive them like a "real truck" you aren't going to get much time at all out of them compared to a Ford or Chevy. My family has always had 4x4 trucks, my dad's '85 Ford finally rusted so bad he didn't want to drive it, and having to drive 60 miles a day to work for his new job, he couldn't afford the 460ci. big block. What did he buy? Not a gas saving foreign V6 w/ 215 hp. He bought a '96 GMC w/ the 350ci. If you need a truck to do anything that can't be done by your grandma, then you need an American made pick up!!!

Old 08-17-2001, 04:59 PM
Pro Rider

You are just showing serious IGNORANCE saying a grand am will outlast a Honda Civic. Thats the most laughable thing ive ever heard.
My 91' Toyota has been ABUSED, 4x4'd, and rock crawled and towed way to much from cali to AZ too many times. ABUSED BAD. Keeps ticking.

American trucks are built like crap.

yea... Echo, Celica, MR2 spider, Corolla, Camry, Solara, Sienna, Avalon, Prius, RAV4, Highlander, 4Runner, Sequoia, Land Cruisier, Tacoma, and Tundra.
OH yea, they make all the Lexus's too. There isnt an american car made that betters ANY of those cars in quality, and dependibility. Anyone who argues is ignorant of automobiles. NO, not motortrend, or car and driver, or R&T.
personal experience. Toyota hardly makes ANY cars, THATS why there so great!
Nice try.

We currently own, Two toyota 4X4 pickups, a Mazda Miata, a brand new Accord coupe, a Honda del Sol, a brand new Civic and recently sold a Toyota Paseo.
We owned a GMC Jimmy. Camshaft went bad, 4 wheel drive sys broke.
Friend just bought a 95 Chev P/U with 80K miles. Discovered the 4 wheel drive didnt work when he took it to some dirt.
Buddie owned a Ford Mustand... lifters went bad. on the SECOND engine.
Friend who has the 95 chev,owned an S-10 before that. Took him 4 wheeling (with my Toyota), first time out.. fuel pump failed. Second time out, cracked frame. (reason he sold it and bought the 95) I could go on and on.

One more thing. I used to work on cars for a living. You dont even care to know how many american vehicles (especially the 4.0 jeeps) break motor mounts. They are not even COMPARABLE in quality to the jap brands. (that are now made here in america, where as the chevys are made in CANADA, and MEXICO.) Who now owns and operates chrysler corp? Or is that, DAIMLERCHRYSLER? A GERMAN company. Your dodges and jeeps can be considered imports. And DONT say "NO, THERE MADE HERE IN THE USA"
In that case, our new Honda Accord is as domestic as your GRAND AM.

Old 08-17-2001, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider

"American trucks are built like crap." My A$$ !! YOU are the one showing COMPLETE IGNORANCE !! If a Forien company made a TRUCK it would be crap !! they use cheep parts and cheep labor , WHY do you think they sell for so little , I will tell you , BECAUSE THEY ARE CRAP!

Old 08-17-2001, 05:33 PM
Range Rover

Hey!whoa there! I didnt mean for this to turn into a japan vs. America thing! I'm sure there are vehicles on both side that had their share of problems. Any "evidence" offered here can only be anecdotal (based only on your own experiences)so it has to be viewed in that light... My point was about the lack of support for the new American quad Cannondale. You wont believe what has happened on the Cannondale forum... We got a visit from the CEO Joe Montgomery's son Scott. He is a director there and they are serious....Read what he said. It's in the post entitled "That's it.... I've had it"....

Old 08-18-2001, 04:07 AM
Pro Rider

The Toyota Tundra may be called a full sized pickup, but go and measure the box depth and compare it to a full sized domestic pickup.
Instead of arguing about the quality of the various makes of vehicles, buy a Consumers Reports magazine comparing them. Unfortunately there are usually a lot more black marks against the domestic products. This magazine isn't biased. The information is taken from owner's surveys and is about as fair as you can be.

Old 07-12-2003, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider
Default Read if you dare

Well, 2 years since this thread was started and now Cannondale is belly-up. Any thing else you'd like to add NewzBoy?

Old 07-12-2003, 12:54 AM
efg
Pro Rider
Default Read if you dare

LoL..................padzz........good way to end it.

Old 07-12-2003, 10:42 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Read if you dare

Actually (This is for EFG), LOL (laughing out loud) is NOT a good way to end it. Why would you laugh out loud at the loss of some 500 American jobs? Thats messed up if you ask me.
Oh sure its fun to say "I told you so" now that Cannondale is a memory. What do you peple do for entertainment? Go out to the airport and "BOO" plane crashes? I really dont understand your thinking.
As far as my feeling on Cannondale, I stand by it. They went out of business because they ran out of money. Honda told Scott M he would need 80 million to produce bikes and quads. He thought he could do it for 20. At 50 million they pulled the plug. But guess what? Those bikeas are still winning races and some pro riders refuse to give them up. The stories I am hearing now is that the CD line is no more troublesome than any of the Japanese makers now and in some circles that are trouble free. When I got on the web site that sold all of the manufacturing equipment, I literally felt overwhelmingly sad. How could this have happened?A quad with so much promise gone now.
I was looking at the gallery pics for PADZZ and was a little surprised to see a guy in uniform in the persian gulf. If that is you padzz, I salute you for your service to our country. I am a big supporter of our troops. It was kinda wierd to see that you are driving a 03 dodge now after verbally sending a heat seeker through the ranks of american car makers.
Why are American cars such pieces of ****?? It's because American workers DO NOT take pride in their work
I'm glad you found your way back to an American truck.
I still stand by my statement about Supporting an American quad manufacturer. Had we done it in the kind of numbers they expected you would see CD winning shootouts for 04. Do you honestly think that the presence of CD didnt hasten the arrival of the new Yamaha (and soon to follow Honda 450) quads? All quads are made better by the competition cannondale created. Why do you think American cars have gotten so much better in the last 20 years? THE JAPANESE! Its called competition. (ON a side note ) Its why public schools are so bad here in America! Theres no incentive to get better! Where are the kids going to go? Give the American people vouchers for private schools and you will see amazing things happen to public schools!
I am sad that CD is gone. Even more sad when I think what other companies who were watching CD and possibly thinking of making quads (or buying Bombardier). They probably think that the "army of off-roading four wheelers" is the only army that shoots it own wounded.
Well, 2 years since this thread was started and now Cannondale is belly-up. Any thing else you'd like to add NewzBoy?
I can't help but see you smirking when you wrote this Padzz.......Where does that come from?Let's pretend that you are still in the service but this time its Iraq. As you begin an assault on an Iraqi outpost and look to your left for the special ops to arrive in their off road assault vehicles you notice that they are Cannondales ,not 400 EXes. Are you disappointed? Thats why I cant understand your thinking. In answer to your question "Did I have more to add"
YES!

Quick Reply: Read if you dare