Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Read if you dare

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2001, 05:23 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been a participant in these forums now for about a year or so and I think I finally know what I want to say to sum up the whole Cannondale thing...
I am a 42 year old father of 3 who has loved off road stuff since my childhood. I have seen companies come and seen them go. I have seen businessmen who were enthusiasts sink their fortunes into ideas for new bikes and lose them after the marketplace rendered its cold, heartless decision that they werent up to par. It saddened me to see them not make it.
When new bikes came out like the honda cr 125 or the xr 600 or quads like the 250r's, I loved them, but secretly wished we as Americans would rise to the challenge of building a better bike. After all, we put a guy on the freakin' moon for crimonie's sake! Why do we continue to be the biggest off road market, yet offer no competitive product of our own? I have heard cry babies for YEARS say "Man, Wouldn't it be cool if WE could build a great bikle? I know I would support it!" WELL GUESS WHAT? IT'S HERE, YOU KNUCKLEHEADS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you understand how long we have waited for this? WAKE UP! We have a company who isn't satisfied with just making a bike as good as the Japanese (or anyone else). They set out to beat it in every stinking catagory that you can say out loud! This thing was designed,and assembled right here! Not Japan , Not Germany, Not Italy... HERE! To all the Cdale bashers, read carefully...... Have you even been to the company web site? Do you know how to operate a computer? If you do , your favorite game HAS to be LEMMINGS because that's what you are acting like! Follow,follow, follow! I Looked at the web page and took the factory tour ( I recomend it) and looked at the faces of the men and women who build this bike! There are just like some of us.. They take pride in there work, their product and what they do! Based on the factory support they are providing ( I will post next on Yamaha and the the lack of support)for any fixes or updates needed and the fact that this bike offers so much more than anyone else, I just don't understand when I hear someone saying (insert whinney voice here) "Oh ,its just not really proven yet" Give me a break ...Why do you ride,anyway? Have you forgotten what got you into this sport?..I want a bike that excites me! That turns heads, That not everyone has...Hey wait, its starting to sound like a woman now! But seriously, you enthusiasts out there who are waiting to pull the trigger on a new Quad,ask yourself why you ride. Doesnt the Cdale fulfill everything you have always wanted in a quad? It does me! Right down to that little AMERICAN flag on the swingarm! Wake up you guys! Lets give this company the support they deserve for stepping up to the plate,staring down the pitcher and knocking one right over straight a way center field with the bases loaded! Sure they might have grounded out a few times at the plate while learning the pitches, but give them the credit they deserve! My only hesitation is that when you guys finaly wake up and start buying these in the kind of numbers that reflect the product, I will have to pay top dollar for one.... Because I will get one ..oh yes, I will get one.............

Old 08-13-2001, 06:15 PM
Range Rover

Gerat post, I agree 100 percent! And if I were to ever buy a 4 stroke, I would definatly buy a CANNONDALE! I bet these machines can fly over 90 foot triples like no other stroker on the market.

Old 08-13-2001, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

sounds like a good AD for cannondale. But, i totally agree with you also. Now that am american company has stepped up we should support them 110%, as long as their product is good (we know that).

Old 08-13-2001, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

Cannondale put that POS into production, then, after letting people spend their hard earned dough on it for four months, they let out a press release, saying that some of the components were inferior, and that they were changing them. It seems that they are the knuckleheads, not us. They might get you, but they won't get me.

I've driven Toyotas since I got my drivers license 18 years ago. Since then, I have spent $60 on car/truck repair. That averages out to just over $3 a year. I don't care where it's built, if it is a superior product, I'll buy it every time.

Old 08-13-2001, 06:48 PM
Range Rover

Dont get me wrong, I wont buy something that is crap... I bought plenty of Toyotas when my relatives working at GM said dont do it. But when something as innovative as this comes along, I dont think its right to bash it... Look at ai this way... What do you think the big 4 are working on as we speak? FUEL INJECTION, LIGHTER WEIGHT, BETTER TRANNIES, AND MORE POWER.... Duh!!!!!!!!Do you think they wouldnt raise the price if they had these things on them?....I'm telling you it will happen, Cdale is just 1st. As far as the problems they've had, well at least they are stepping up and taking care of them... I know this is anecdotal (Just my experience) but I cant tell you how many of my friends have bought Raptors in the last 6 months and say they hate them! They have had everything from tranny trouble to front end and tire problems... Did Yamaha step up ? NO ! People who get in on these Cdales now are getting their butts kissed if they have any difficulties. I like that...I really just have no patience for those who wish for an American bike and then bash it when its not perfect! Tell me if this would make you happy.....2003 Cannondale 505
58 hp at the crank
Alum frame
EFI, handlebar mounted changeability
Scotts stablizer
400 lbs
PEP shocks,nerfs
This bike COULD happen but I swear, half the people out there think it should cost the same as a Mojave!

Old 08-13-2001, 06:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

I agree totally with the support of an american company. I also have heard that they have been shipping out all the new upgraded parts to every customer that has bought the beginning models at no charge. I am how ever defending my choice to ride Honda. I do not have the money to throw around on something that may not work in the next year without major repairs. I don't have the money to throw on a bike that is $2000 more than the bike I bought which should keep me within reach of the Cannondale most of the time. I feel the fuel injection is a risky undertaking for the Cannondale company considering that sport bikes have only been using fuel injection for a few years now on the street bikes. I am not out to be a big dog nor the king of the hill. This is why I bought to be in my mind and many others the best in handling and performance for the price. As an added bonus I also received a proven bulletproof motor and the reputation to back it.

Old 08-13-2001, 07:03 PM
Trailblazer

back in the late 70's and early 80's about the only good thing being built came from japan(auto's other things).I believe that all american made products have vastly improved since that time.so I personally try to buy U.S. when possible.like my honda 300

Old 08-13-2001, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider

Great post , I love American made products but I wouldn't think of getting a cannondale until I A) see it outlast 20year old Hondas that have been beat to F*** and still run fine ! and B) That think is the UGLIEST think I have ever seen in my life ! C) I can buy a 250R for $3500 and with a few mods I can beat the $h!t out of that cannondale on the track , for under $8000 or whatever that crazy thing sells for .

Old 08-13-2001, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider

I think the cannondale is the first american made quad that in its first year of production atleast put a dent in the high performance market.
As for inferior parts? well atleast they are doings something about it unlike some manufacturers (polaris) who just let stuff like that slide.
Cannondale has taken a step where no other quad manufacturer has gone before, they have taken ideas from the dirtbike and automobile market and put it into a quad, and even came up with a few ideas of their own.

Old 08-13-2001, 08:12 PM
Trailblazer

I've got a 75 harley sportster this thing you can't make it quit leaking oil(when it stop leaking get scared)but look at them now they make a product that has improved a bunch and are selling like their is no end you have to start somewhere

Quick Reply: Read if you dare