Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

CRASHING

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2001, 03:07 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I copied this from my post in the Yamaha Forum:

Well, I no longer have any problems with my raptor. As of 10:30 PM Saturday night, my raptor is no more. It tried climbing it's last hill, but didn't make it

I was 5 feet from the top of a very steep hill (It was difficult even walking down to get to the wheeler) and one of my front tires hit a loose rock and kicked the front into the air. I immediately grabbed the clutch and hit the rear break, but it was too far over. So, I did what I had to do. I BAILED! I landed on my back, and rolled out of the way. The raptor then proceeded to cartwheel at least 10-15 times down the hill into a forest of fairly large trees. Needless to say, gravity always wins.

Damage to me:
Bruised Ego

Damage to Raptor:
ALL Plastics destroyed
Both headlights broken off
Ignition cluster torn off
Handle bars folded along the sides of the gas tank
Top of the radiator bent
Bent rear axle
Bent rear rim
Rear grab bar ripped off
Seat ripped, and release lever pulled off
Shift linkage twisted
Right lower a-arm bent
Left upper a-arm snapped
Left lower a-arm folded flat against the frame
Left front hub, brake, and tire completely torn off at the ball joints
Left front hub severly bent (hits the brake caliper when trying to turn)
Left tie rod: Missing in action, and presumed bent
Left front shock sheared off just above shock body
Frame twisted up and to the left where the rear left lower a-arm attachment is
Front bumber mangled

Oh I almost forgot... the carbs popped off too!

Thank goodness for helmets and insurance. I will be getting another raptor soon!
I'll try to get a digital camera to take some pictures for you all to see.

Bandit99

Old 08-22-2001, 03:23 PM
Trailblazer

Sorry to hear about your Raptor. Ya I would like to see those pics.

Old 08-23-2001, 01:07 AM
Trailblazer

One day after riding with my friends i was coming home and just before i got home i was on a trail brhind my house which is kind of twisty so i was havin alittle fun not thinking that anyone else would be on my trails behind my house on my prorerty,but i was wrong. i came around the turn and all i see is a red helmet so i got off the throttle and turned right then got back on the throttle, but that was the bst i could do before i know it i was flyin through the air. Did a summer salte and stood up. The person i hit was a girl on a blaster she was about 15 or 16 cute little thing she was all shook up. My beartracker was ok i was able to ride it home but i got home and discovered i had a bent axle, and bent floorboard, also there was some cracked plastic. The wheel got ripped off her blaster so had her call her dad and brought her wrecked mechine to her house for her and told where she could get it fixed. The next day we were both out riding again. Thing was that was her first day with that 4 wheeler.

Old 08-23-2001, 01:50 PM
Range Rover

I put pictures of my raptor up on WebShots.

http://community.webshots.com/user/ekranz

Old 08-23-2001, 03:12 PM
Trailblazer

OUCH!!!I thought I hit a tree hard!Now that's damage!It's a good thing you're ok.I was riding mine and was going too fast around a turn and had to bail before I hit a tree.The machine suffered a bent frame,2 a-arms,caliper and other stuff to a total of $2300.00 w/labor.I think I hit the tree with my leg and have a nasty bump on it still.I think it is a calcium deposit...kinda gross feelin'.Lucky to walk away from it though.I guess insurance will "total" it if it has 77% damage to it and it looks like you suceeded.Jim

Old 08-25-2001, 06:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

I had my share of crashes.Like the one that Trailblazerkid250 wrote.I was the one who went up the tree with the grizzly.I tipped my 250ex 2 times fooling around.1 year ago my friend tipped his trailblazer going in reverse and turning to fast.3 weeks ago some guy on a 400ex went off a tiny jump barly got his rear wheels of the ground and tried to slied thourgh the conner and flipped it 5 times and lanned on it's side.Only a bent steering Column.

Old 08-25-2001, 10:10 PM
Range Rover

These aren't anything compared to the one that the guy on the raptor had, but here goes. Every easter...me and a bunch more guys go to a place in NC called Brown Mountain...awesome place to ride. Well there is a road that leads to an unloading area. Along this road is camping areas, trees, etc. Very nice place to ride. Well since this is a mountain road, on one side of the road is a mountain and the other is a big drop off. We camped along the road and one night, and coming back from trail riding, we had to ride the service road to get to our camp site. Well one guy didn't make it. While we were coming back, a guy on a YZ125 that was with us fouled a Spark plug so he yelled another guys name since he was in the back. Well this guy turned around, and in the process drove himself off the bank. I suppose he gased it as he went of the bank because his 250x was standing straight up against the tree. The front bumper pointing to the sky. He was thrown almost straight up, and straight back down. The only thing wrong with him was a small bruise on his kidney and a small cut in his leg. The only thing wrong with his 250x was the grab bar broke off and the bracket where the seat latchs down in the back was bent up. After the 250x was removed from the ditch, a guy got on it and tried to start it. Well it did, on the 2nd kick! Thats a honda for you. This guy beats the crap out of his 250x too. The unusual thing was, he wrecked the year before about 10 feet from he wrecked that time! Now, for my 2nd wreck. A guy got a brand new 300ex and his brother got a brand new 400ex (one was 14 the other was somewhere around 21). Well big bro took little bro out riding the next day. They went to some place in NC that had a track as well as trails. Well they went to the track, and since little bro was on the smaller ATV, he wasn't going as fast as big bro. Well next, little bro jumped a jump and just had landed when his older bro jumped in the same spot as little bro had went. He jumped much farther and jumped over little bro..well almost...he landed on the front of little bros 300ex. It destroyed the front end on the 300ex. I mean everything. Every immaginable piece on the front of the 300ex had to be replaced. After the first week, they had spent around $6000...including the 4-wheeler...on the 4-wheeler. As far as the 400ex. It bent the axel, busted the tail light, bent the rear frame, destroyed the rear plastic, poped both tires, bent the rear rims, etc. I don't even remember half the stuff. Both guys bailed becuase the older one screamed at the little one to get off his ATV. The atvs did a series of flips after they landed on each other. I'm glad that wasn't me...that would have been a serious butt whoopin by my dad and the end of my riding days because of mom!