Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

TRX 200 SX Suspension & Tires.

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2001, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it was discharge who was going to make the lift kit for the SX...Did you ever do it??, I want to make a custom lift kit, I have access to my schools welding room, I will just make brackets to fit under each shock. Will this effect the performance...will the lift hurt anything??

I want to get mud tires for my SX....I know the stock tires are 22x11-8 (I think), will 22x12-8 Bear claws fit on the rims??, if not what size Bear claws will fit on.

Thanks

Old 09-03-2001, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

C'mon PLEEEEEEASE ANSWER MY POST[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-03-2001, 04:35 PM
BK
Pro Rider

The Bear Claws will fit on the stock rims. The only thing is that it doesn't have a very good suspension to begin with and a stiff tire like the BC will make it ride worse. You might consider Sur Tracks, they are similar tread but a softer tire.

Old 09-03-2001, 06:05 PM
Range Rover

i was thinking of doing the same thing on my sx. but wouldnt that hurt the power by putting heavy large tires?
i am sticking with the wooly buggers i have on right now but i might change to another tire soon
also does anyone know of any rear shocks which might be better for the rear of the sx?
thanx

Old 09-03-2001, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

I really think the sx is high enough in the front. If you've already made the brackets u could buy my 250r shocks and put on it.Now that would lift it and give it awesome suspension.

Old 09-03-2001, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider

fourtraxmike- As long as the tires arent too heavy, 4 ply is the most (almost too much)for the SX to carry.

I know the rear shock is soft but good when jumping[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img], the fronts are too hard in my opinion.

I will try making brackets for a lift to see what it looks like and see how it holds up...I havent even started school yet to get into the Welding room...tomorrow I start[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-03-2001, 08:30 PM
Range Rover

you could try to make the same type of lift as it shows in the Royal Distributing catalog? the lift from lightning proformance products looks so simple yet it costs over $100.00 and they dont have it for the sx

Old 09-03-2001, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

Thats the one I was going to make in the first place...LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img], HEH

Old 09-04-2001, 04:51 PM
Pro Rider

I have access to my welding room everyday, I take a welding course[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I can make anything I want, actually I have to make something, for a personal project, so I was thinking I can make a skid plate for my SX, I can use some diamond plate that we have in the welding room....I can take off the old stock skid plate and make a new one...what do you think??

I can make a skid plate, floor boards, Lift KIT, or anything out of metal....what would you make if you have a choice...I can make all of them if I wanted to.

Old 09-23-2001, 08:26 PM
Range Rover

thwe skidplate idea is great thats what i have on mine. i have a skid plate and a bumper made out of aluminum diamondplate it really gives the front of the bike a classy look.

Quick Reply: TRX 200 SX Suspension & Tires.