Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Spoke to NYS forest rangers

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2001, 08:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

need I say more?

I posted my opinion in a nice and polite manner. You just seem to want to jump down everyones throat. You are on the wrong site if you want to spread your propaganda regarding ATVs. I don't think I'm far off by saying that the vast majority of ATVers respect the environment by only riding on trails and designated areas, but just like any other sport (hunting included) there are bad apples in the group that make the sport look bad. We know this is a problem without you bringing it up constantly. Instead of punishing the masses, we need to concentrate on the few, and weed them out. The same goes for environmentalists for that matter. The majority of them are nice, easy going people who are willing to listen to reason. But there are the bad ones who will not listen to anything or anyone, and I think these people also need to be weeded out. You say you're concerned with the 'damage' quads cause...well what about factory pollution, nuclear waste, automobiles (yes we all drive them!), logging, fishing, chemical waste, urban sprawl, the ozone layer....do I need to go on? There are bigger and more important axes to grind than worrying about ATVs. They are very very miniscule in the scheme of things. We need to get our priorities in order in a big way.

I apologize for the long, drawn out post, but I detest it when one of my favorite sports and past times is being dragged through the mud by someone saying they're into the sport themselves. I don't believe it for a second.

Old 09-06-2001, 08:56 AM
wyd
Range Rover

Dill what you said is true. I ride atv's and I stay on all marked trails and never leave trash laying around. THeir are many other things that harm the land and hunters are just as bad as anything else. Everyone always seems to think the ATV's do all the damage but if they really knew what they were talking about they would know that.

Old 09-06-2001, 08:24 PM
Range Rover

WE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM IN NJ, THERE IS ONLY 1 LEGAL AREA TO RIDE THE OTHER PLACES WE RIDE THE COPS DON'T BOTHER US, EXCEPT WHEN SOME JERKS RIDE IN THE STREETS, OR RIP PAST PEOPLES HOUSES TO GET TO THE PITS WE RIDE IN, THERE IS A WEB SITE TO CHECK OUT WWW.EHTPAL.COM THIS IS A TOWNSHIP BY ME WHO WHERE TIRED OF CHASING THE KIDS OUT OF THE WOODS SO THEY SET UP A RIDING AREA FOR THEM ON 30 ACRES OF LAND WHICH THE PAL RUNS, THEY ARE ALSO GETTING ANOTHER 1000 ACRES FOR ATV AND HORSE BACK RIDING. CHECK IT OUT, IT IS A GREAT PROGRAM. SORRY TO SAY IT BOTHERS ME THAT MY TAX DOLLARS PAYS TO OWN STATE LAND AND ALSO PAYS FOR SOMEONE TO PATROL IT, BUT YET I CAN NOT USE IT. THINGS ARE NOT GOING TO CHANGE UNTIL HONDA AND ALL THE BIG PLAYERS SALES START GOING DOWN THEN THEY WILL STEP IN AND LOBBY OUR POLITICIANS AND THEN YOU WILL START SEEING AREAS OPENED AGAIN.I WAS JUST IN SYRACUSE I HAVE AND OFFICE UP THERE I WORK FOR THE AMERICAN DAIRY ASSOC. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET MY LOCAL POLITICIANS TO OPEN UP LAND FOR ATV USE, SEE IT MAKES TO MUCH SENCE FOR THEM TO UNDERSTAND INSTEAD WE HERE IN TOMS RIVER NJ WANT TO BUY OPEN SPACE (WITH MY INCREASE IN TAXES FOR IT) THEN WE PUT UP A GATE WITH A DO NOT ENTER SIGN.