Old 09-28-2001, 09:39 PM
bsr
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BigDave, Where at ?

Old 09-28-2001, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider

Both these places are about a three hour dive from the the Glen Burnie /Pasadena area,www.towercitytrailriders.com &
www.Rauschcreekracing.com .....less from Balt., check em out sometime

Old 09-28-2001, 10:06 PM
Trailblazer

One of the best spots is off of rout 100 at the coca cola exit. Anther good spot if off of I-95 a ton off trails. Then is energy park/marly neck area which is ok. There is a old horse farm in pasadena. Bloody pond is ok only been there once. The only problem is none are legal riding spots but i never been cought.

Old 09-28-2001, 11:11 PM
bsr
Trailblazer

Yeah I ride down maryley neck and the power lines [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] All I got to do is cross the street and go threw a bunch of trails until I hit the power lines

Old 09-29-2001, 08:48 AM
Pro Rider

DS650DAVE,

Went to Tower City once. I was a really dusty weekend about 6 weeks ago. It wasn't a great day. Run of the riding partners got a huge sidewall hole within 20 minutes of riding. Also went to Rausch Creek. They have some cool tracks there. Did I run into you there? I don't remember running any DS650s. I would have talked you into swapping with me for a ride. I almost bought one but the sales guy talked me out of it. Funny thing is that I didn't even end up buying a quad through him or his dealership.

Old 09-29-2001, 09:07 AM
Pro Rider

Are people still riding at Bloody Pond? I haven't been there since they closed up the entrance near Fantasies. I used to ride there every weekend. There are a lot of trails. I would ride there again but I don't know where to park. I've noticed that the main gate is unlocked again but haven't driven back in like I used too. The police never cared about people riding there but then I heard people were starting to get there quads stolen at gunpoint.

I live near the horse farm so I ride there about once a week. You really can't ride on the horse farm side of the road for very long before the cops show up. People over there always call so they have to show up. They don't put much effort in trying to catch you though. Mainly, they just want to clear the area out. The problem is that you can't park around there or they will get you. I can ride from my house into the backside of the riding area on the opposite side of the road.

I also ride at Coca Cola drive. I park at a friend's house and then ride for about 30 minutes to get there.

Unless things have changed, I would stay away from the MX track off Marley Neck. Too many people have gotten caught with big fines. Also saw that the Pasadena police have some dirt bikes. Apparently, BG&E donated them.

I also ride down around Crofton. Recently though, the police put a warning sticker on my friend's truck and it said it was his 2nd warning. Not sure how we are going to deal with it. We need a place to park to ride there.

There is also a riding area off I-95 around Laurel. It is also another area that you have to find the right place to park. We used to park in an industrial park along side one of the buildings. I haven't been back though in about 6 months since the police started showing up all the time.

The theme seems to be where to park.

Old 09-29-2001, 10:47 AM
Pro Rider

I did let a guy w/raptor ride my DS at TCTRI about 2 months ago,he loved it, was that you?He was w/his wife .
Yeah been to coca cola & off 95 near burtonsville,thats the problem w/riding in MD soner or later the cops bust you ..not good.I'll stick to legal riding up here.
If any MD riders want to come up toPA,...let me know ,make sure to give me some notice.

Old 09-29-2001, 01:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

I used to live in Germantown/Gaithersburg Maryland. I lived there for the first 35 years of my life. I got tired of the crime, congestion traffic and people (please no offense). But mostly the crime.

Noturaptor: People stealing ATV's at gun point??!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

That really gets my blood boiling. I moved to Omaha, Nebraska in September of 1997. Funny thing, Not a month went by and some jerk stole my ATV out of my apartment garage! So much for getting away from crime!

Places to ride near Maryland:

I used to go to the George Washington National Forest. It's south of Front Royal, Virginia on route 81. Take interstate route 81 south to Exit #283. Turn left at the ecit light to a town called Woodstock. Follow it to route 11 and make a left (north). Go no more than 3 miles(not sure) and take a right(east) on to Mill road. There used to be a convience store there on the corner. Be carefull it's easy to drive right by it. The mountain should be dead ahead in front of you. This road winds its way up this mountain and up to the Woodstock tower. You will cross the Shenandoah River (Burnshire Bridge). It is a very windy and narrow road. Make your way up the mountain to the "Little Fort" camping area. Unload there and the trail head is near by. The trail is called Powell Mountain Trail. The trail is rocky but very nice to ride. About 13 miles into this trail you will be at a place called Edinburg Gap which is another camping area, from there you cross a road and continue riding where it can get very difficult to ride as you go farther.

Find a map where you can see the town of Woodstock, this trail and the Woodstock tower to get a better idea. From Rockville it takes 50-55 minutes to get to the base of the mountain then another 20 minutes to get to the Little Fort camping are.

It's worth the trip!

Old 09-29-2001, 06:11 PM
bsr
Trailblazer

Yeah I think they did close that entrance a while ago, I think its open again. I heard theres another entrance too, I go between fantacies and goodyear..

Old 09-30-2001, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider

Hey guys there is a few of us going up sunday the 7th,checkout "Where to ride" you are welcome to be my Guest.