Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

This is for the sport quad riders

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2001, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

13,000??????????????? Thats REDICULOUS.
Its just a damn quad. I bet a fully pumped 250R or 400EX would
AT THE BARE MINIMUM give it a run for its money on the track, if not out perform it. (Costing way less)
13,000 is just insane.

Old 10-03-2001, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

WOW!.. look how ugly its is.....Why the hell do they paint wheels & A-arms ??( I know this has zilch to do w/performance )

I went to the "demo- rides " sponsored by Cannondale....
and we could not ride any of em ..."reliability Problems "
this kinda bothered myself & others w/me.
But I'm still trying to remain objective about the cannondales ....
after all they are in first year ..etc,..working out the the bugs& the machine has potential for being a real winner ...........................and its--> "American made"

Old 10-03-2001, 10:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

That is one sweet machine. A little out of my price range though.

Old 10-04-2001, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

The wheels are not painted, they are black anodized aluminum.

The a-arms are not painted either, they are powdercoated, just like any aftermarket arms you would buy.

People need to give this machine a chance. I don't understand why people are so apprehensive about this machine. There sure as he!! wasn't this much controversy over the Raptor or DS650. I understand that the price is a bit high, but just look at the price of the new 4x4's. No new machine is "cheap". Cannondale is putting out an excellent product that so far, none of the "big four" have decided to compete with. What more could you ask for, aluminum frame, EFI, and a competition weight of a mere 370lbs!!! Wake up people, yes, it's hard to face the facts that 2-strokes are on their way out, but we all must face the music. Four strokes are the future, and Cannondale is the only company that has made that step into the future.

Old 10-04-2001, 07:14 AM
Pro Rider

I don't care how /what was applied for color...ITS STONE UGLY!

Old 10-04-2001, 07:24 AM
Pro Rider

13,000??????????????? Thats REDICULOUS.
Its just a damn quad. I bet a fully pumped 250R or 400EX would
AT THE BARE MINIMUM give it a run for its money on the track, if not out perform it. (Costing way less)
13,000 is just insane.

Take a wild guess at what a "fully pumped" 250R or 400EX costs.... Just guess...

I've got around $9000, maybe more in my quad and except for the shocks, you might mistake it for a stocker.

At that, you still don't have a rigid, lightweight chassis, you still don't have a fuel injected - liquid cooled engine, you still don't have a cassette tranny and separate engine and tranny oils -- you still have a quad from a manufacturer that doesn't support racing and likely never again will....

If I had to do it all over again today, I'd be seriously looking into a C-Dale Blaze @ $10,000...

When the hell are you guys going to wake up? You've been asking for quads like these for years. Honda, Suzuki, Kaw, Yamaha are NEVER going to do it, the 2 stroke is NEVER going to return. They will only build machines for the average everyday joe, machines they can sell in mass.

Attitudes need to start changing or C-Dale is going to decide it's not worth the effort either.

Old 10-04-2001, 03:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well said 86ATC250R,
If I had the cash, id go out and buy a C-Dale right now. This is a truly innovative quad and C-dale will strive to offer the best machine they can. Sure, its going to have some bugs that need to be worked out, but being able to buy a NEW ,race ready quad is awesome in my opinion and I think they look pretty good to boot. Whoever freaked out about the price, should go and price a race ready R, you wont be getting anything out the door for less than 10 grand. Go see for yourself.

RoostKing...

Old 10-04-2001, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider

Alright guys..

Just wait 10 MORE years, and see what's on the track. 2 Strokes MIGHT be banned, and I dont think Yamaha and Honda will EVER make a quad to compete with the Moto.

It's hard for me to say this, because I'm going to buy one today, but the 250R(even though it is the best MX machine ever made) is a decade old. Back in 86, the japs happened to slap together one hellcious package.. and Called it the TRX250R. Since then, 4 stroke motors have advanced to the point that a highly tuned 4 stroke will accelerate just as fast/hard as a highly tuned 2 stroke. Aftermarket manufactuers have produced millions of products for the sport riders. Honda has revolutionized the 2wheel world with a full alumnium frame. I think there's not one person in this board that would say that ANY of these few upgrades I have mentioned are bad.

WAKE UP!!!

Cannondale put all that into one package!!!! The moto comes with +2+1 powdercoated A-Arms(rumor has it that they are made by LSR), a fully adjustable axle, Holeshot MX tires, Ohlins shocks w/rezzy's, anodized(douglas) beadlocks, a pipe that equals an aftermarket, a bumper.. nerfs....

Come on guys, you have to admit Cannondale has done their homework.. and they came out with a winner. Even though it may be $13,000, you WILL NOT find another quad that has those mods, and costs less to build. Plus, you have brand new technology, COMPANY BACKING(yes, that's right, I said COMPANY backing) and a quad that everyone else doesnt. It's as simple as this..

If you don't want a C-Dale, dont buy one.

Old 10-04-2001, 08:36 PM
Pro Rider

I agree - C-Dale has upped the anty, so to speak, and come out with one hell of a machine. If I had the $12,000.00 to plunk down on a race-ready quad I'd buy the moto in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, people who aren't into racing don't realize all the goodies it's got on/in it, and they can't appreciate what they are looking at. Plastic can be changed (I DO think it looks like a spider - not the best looking plastic's I've ever seen!), but what's underneath it is pretty amazing, albeit untested for any period of time. But if I had the money, I wouldn't mind helping them out in the testing dept.!

Really, I have full respect for C-dale, they have done amazing things....

Old 10-04-2001, 09:08 PM
Range Rover

http://www.cannondale.com/motorsports/quad/

there are 4 bikes in all, neither of the pictures of them show that it has black rims (just to let someone know)

I think the speed or cannibal is a lot cheaper than the full blown mx, + it has the same engine and fuel injection, what more can you ask for, aluminum frame? yeha its got that 2.

one of these days I might get some money

91 TRX350X
85 ATC250R
86 ATC200X

Quick Reply: This is for the sport quad riders