Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

250r question

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2001, 12:29 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where is the best place to get a 250r service manual and is there anyway to get a broke off bolt out of the frame? it is down in the hole like 1/4" so i dont know if i will be able to get it out also where do you get your parts ?? servicehonda any others

Old 10-12-2001, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

Corman, unless you are planning on keeping the R in stock form(keepsake kinda thing), I wouldn't waste the money on a key. I would like to have one to turn mine off, because jerking the kill switch gets annoying, but I live with it. If I were you, I would look into getting a button like on the CR models. All you have to do is push the button and it kills it. Also, don't take that kill switch off! It's there for a purpose! Clip it on your belt so if you fall off it wont keep going and going(Energizer) Also, listen to Killer250R about the parking brake. They NEVER work on sport models. The best thing you can do is call JL and get a billet P-Brake block off. Sometimes(i've seen it happen) the parking break will go crazy, and lock your break down! When that happens, you either sit there, or go through pads like crazy!

I use Klotz SuperTechniplate in mine, and it has had 927 all its life. It runs good, but I suggest using the oil that the owner before you did. If you get a mixture of oils in your motor, your lower crank bearings might fail. (like mine did)

Old 10-13-2001, 12:37 PM
Trailblazer

I was wondering what you thought would be the best kill switch but at a reasonable price since i need to get a new one the one on it is weathered and cracked i really wanna take it back to stock but its pretty expensive and i dont need to do that anyway. What brand carb is on a stock 250r also. I also need new handlebars. I want stock 400ex type bars but i want them black. I would like aluminum ones but they are on the expensive side for a poor kid like me lol i need a shop manual for the R also but i dont know where to get one at

Old 10-13-2001, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider

Corman,

I suggest using Renthal CR High bend bars. I will go out on a limb here and say that ALL pro races use them. I have Pro Tapers on mine, but they're very expensive. I have seen only 1 set of bent renthals in my life. Also, call Chaparral Racing and get a Clymer manual. I wouldn't even waste my money buying a Honda manual. Clymer has step-by-step instructions on bearing changes, and all other forms of maintnence(SP?) I run Pro Design kill switches on my quads. They're $32.99 at Chaparral. Chaparral's number is 1-800-841-2960. Or, you can go to Chaparral Motorsports. Honda put Keihn carbs on the 250R's

Hope I have helped!!