Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

I'm Leavin

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2001 | 02:48 AM
Pro Rider

I am sixteen, and am quite offended at the way you guys have stereotyped we "smartass kids". I have been a member of this forum for a good two or three years (first lakotaguy14, trx300EXR, now crhye250r). I have tryed my best to contribute to this forum. I have given honest answers, and informed ones. If i dont know what im talking about, i dont post. I have had quite a bit of ATV experience for my age. Hell, i rebuild my own motor. I do alot of things that you older guys might not realize a "smartass kid" like me could do. Also, lay the hell off killer250r. He has tryed his best to contribute to this forum. He has legitamate questions. If i am not mistaken, this forum was designed to make less knowledgeable people more knowledgeable. To make a long, venting story short, all "smartass kids" are not the same, and be easy on the guys that try, but sometimes fall a little short of meeting YOUR requirements on who should post and who shouldn't. Thank you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 10-20-2001 | 10:49 PM
Range Rover

Suggestion: Stay out of the brand name forums. All of the "smartass kids" mainly post here. I stick to the racing forum myself, unless I get really bored like right now. Or go to the chatroom, the moderators in there will not tolerate BS.

Old 10-21-2001 | 05:53 PM
Pro Rider

I have been here for a while now, I have seen some mouthy replys from people asking questions, to people answering questions, I dont like the way SOME people act in here, but hey life goes on, live with it, just dont reply to them.
I like coming here everyday because people help you out and you get a chance to help eachother out. This is a place to talk about ATV's, so ex-master, please stay...I hate when people leave this forum, It's like a person leaving your home and never coming back...We are all a team...lets get along.

Old 10-25-2001 | 01:44 AM
Pro Rider

Ya i use to come here alotand havnt been here for a few months.
Whats is going on with the hostof atv television?
Are there still moderators her or what?

I found it nice that people like Mickey Dunlop are here to give us a hand.

Old 10-25-2001 | 05:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

There are no interesting posts in the Honda forum because Honda has not introduced anything interesting in awhile. If you go to the other manufacturers forum's they are buzzing with excitement. If you go to the Cannondale, Bomb, Suzuki, or Yamaha forums, they are all talking about recent machines that have been or will be released in the near future. THe 400ex is a great machine, but with nothing new to talk about, the honda forum can get stagnant. Anyhow, most, if not all of the moderators have been here awhile...

RoostKing...

Old 10-25-2001 | 05:31 PM
Range Rover

im 15

am i a smart @$$ kid???

or do i use this forum as a reserch tool?

give me your opinion

personally kkkkiller250r is a good contributer to this site and has helped me a lot

also if i ask a question more older people tend to put down my intelligence of atvs

so stop saying kids because we arent that bad
thanks
mike

Old 10-25-2001 | 05:40 PM
Pro Rider

I love praise. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2001 | 09:11 PM
Pro Rider

well, I'm 16 too, and that means I know first hand that some/most kids are smart asses every now and again! they may not be all the time, but sometimes they are (including me). It's just a generalization that the majority of 16 year olds have placed on the rest of us. So I guess the best I/you/we can do is to make sure that from now on, we try and set good examples for ourselves. (BTW I'm not putting down anyone, or making fun of any one, or stereotyping, I'm just pointing something out.)

Old 10-25-2001 | 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

i'm 16 also and i know that its a majority of kids my age who ruin it for ever1 and thats why all the older people say you damn kids or whatever. i always try to do whats best for the sport but i'll admit i've done some pretty immature things myself.

Old 10-26-2001 | 03:28 PM
Pro Rider

It`s funny...always "some of my friends ruin it"...hehe. just j/k.

It really depends on which forum you`re on. I must say Honda is the worst, from `How can my 250EX smoke a banshee` or "400EX are better than Raptors", you easily get the picture of the average 12 year old behind his screen, blasting the whole world, except himself.
Yammi isn`t a lot better, but still the technical side is more developped...but basjing still rules.
The Bomba forum is great. The rare bashing is clean and extremely funny (there was one special thread, where Knutz and someone else were bashing each other, but it was good fun -visibly written by adults-, and I laughed all the way).
I used to reply/post a lot a while back...but now that I have answered 3 times the same question...uh...I`ve had enough and don`t reply anymore...I let someone else do it.

Still, it`s not as bad as B luetraxx or exriders.
bansheehq is great, and macdizzy is awesome (although it`s currently down...don`t know why)

Quick Reply: I'm Leavin