Old 01-01-2002 | 03:49 AM
Trailblazer

yeah id like to race you!!!

Old 01-01-2002 | 04:02 AM
Trailblazer

you can stick your 250r up your ***

Old 01-01-2002 | 04:13 AM
Range Rover

hey can you tell me what size main jet you went with on your jetting? I really need to know. Please let me know what all you did when you jetted it. Im hoping to get mine running better later today. (looks like I need to go to bed its 2 am already and I want to ride today).

And by the way, sorry but there is no way our 250ex's are gonna beat a 250R!! So dont even race one, you'll get embarrassed no matter how experienced the rider on it is. Those are some fast a$$ quads!!!! 2 strokes a awesome. So stop telling people to shove em up their .......!

But any help would be appreciated.

Old 01-01-2002 | 11:05 AM
|
Range Rover

250EXER this may sound stupid but if im going to get a k&n airfilter and wb e-sereies do i need to rejet and how?

Old 01-01-2002 | 11:06 AM
|
Range Rover

and where di you get it?

Old 01-01-2002 | 12:14 PM
Pro Rider

"Jetting" your quad is easy; TUNING can sometimes seem impossible.

I'm not familiar with the carb on the 250EX, so I'm just going to run you through a 300EX's rejetting.

Step 1: Get access to your carb. ON a 300EX, you have to take the gas tank and seat off.

Step 2: Loosen the clamps on your carb boots, and twist your carb so you can see the bottom of it.

Step 3: Get a wrench, and unscrew the bolt/plug that goes into the bottom of the carb.

Step 4: Get your new jet, and find a socket that fits it. This will be VERY small. Once you find the right size, put the socket into the plug you took out, and take the old MAIN JET out. Most jets come in five size differences, and I sometimes adjust 5 to a temperature change. You might want to put the largest jet you have in it. Sometimes jets can have different sizes. For instance, Yamaha uses sizes like 168, Honda uses 165-170.

Step 5: Now that you have your new main jet in, turn your carburetor straight up and down so that you can see the top of it. This is where your throttle cable runs into a cap that is on top of the carb. Unscrew that cap, and take it off. Then you will find a bolt that runs through the top of the carb with an arm that moves up and down. This arm controls your needle. On a 300EX, the Dynojet kit comes with a needle. You can either use this needle, or use your stock one. The Dynojet is longer, so you will get a bit more fuel.

Step 6: Unscrew the bolt that goes through the needle arm, and take the arm off. Then you can take the needle off the arm. You will find a clip on that needle. You must take it off; but remember what position it was on(what "click&quot. Now put your new needle onto the arm, and put the clip back on. Carefully place the needle back into the hole, and screw the arm back on. Then, put the top cap back on, and make sure you put the plug in the bottom.

Step 7: Wash your hands, and know that you have rejetted your quad

Step 8: Test it! Go to the store and buy a couple spark plugs. Go home, put a new plug in your bike. Crank it, then ride it. To test your jetting you must to a "Plug Chop". This is where you get your bike up to TOP speed, and then hit the "Kill" button. When your quad stops/dies, get off and take the spark plug out. If the electrode on the plug is black/oily, you have went up too high on your main jet. If the electrode is TAN in color, it is PERFECT. If the electrode is white, it is too lean, and you must install a larger main(refer to step 3-4).

If your quad is not jetted perfectly the 1st time, don't worry. The more you do it, the easier it will be. Change your main jet, change your spark plug, and do another "Plug Chop". If you get the results posted above, change it up a little.

If your bike bogs on 0-1/4 throttle, your air screw needs adjusting. 1/4-3/4, the clip needs to be moved, and 3/4 to full, the main jet needs adjusting.

Hope I have helped, email me for any other questions: Screamin350@hotmail.com

Old 01-01-2002 | 12:24 PM
Pro Rider

ride4life this battle royal ended last year don't try and bring it back, I am through and have nothing more to say.

Old 01-01-2002 | 12:51 PM
Pro Rider

Killer250R: Maturity a new years resolution??? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Just joking buddy.

Had to get your blood pumping a little. Hope everyone has a happy new year

Old 01-01-2002 | 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

Something like that.

Old 01-03-2002 | 07:10 PM
RIP Dear Friend

250EXRiderJamie said,
JUST TO END THIS STUPID @$$ FORUM "THE 250R IS THE GREATEST QUAD EVER MADE! AND KILLER250R IS THE BEST RIDER IN THE WORLD!"
LOL,LOL, NOT
Just think what Killer 250r could do if he had a Raptor. This forum would be just Killer.
Chet

Quick Reply: exuast for 250EX?