Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rancher

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-1999, 01:02 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone test ridden or bought a Rancher that can give us a first impression?

Old 10-31-1999, 02:26 AM
Trailblazer

I rode the Rancher ES 4x4 yesterday.It's a little bigger than the Fourtrax 300.It set a little higher also.It shifted smoothly and it was easier to turn than the 300.I liked the display panel alot.The dealer told me that there are not alot of them out right now.they'er going to replace the 300.I'm going to wait and the 4x2 before I decide to get one or not.It's supposed to be in mid November.I hoped I helped you out some.

Old 11-03-1999, 10:58 PM
Trailblazer

I've test rode the rancher around 5 times now.I love how it rides.It doesn't take alot of effort to turn it.It's not as easy as my Recon is,but then It's over 100 lbs heavier.I put some money down on one and the dealer said it should be in around the 16th.After I've rode it on the trails I'll post how it did.

Old 11-14-1999, 04:46 PM
Trailblazer

I just got my Rancher a couple of days ago.I took it out on the trails where I live yesterday.I was suprised at how easy it was to steer.I love the electric shift.It works great.There's not any mud where I ride,because we have had much rain this year.So I don't know how it will do in the mud.I can't wait until it snows and I go out ridding in the snow.It's not as good it tight places as my Recon because of it's size,but then I didn't expect it to be.I've only had it up to 40mph.I don't want to run it too hard until it gets broke in.I got it for 5,6066 tax and all.that's because there hard to find right now.I'll post more after I go ridding with some of my friends.

Old 11-14-1999, 07:50 PM
Trailblazer

I just got back from testing my Rancher. We went to Turkey Bay in Kentucky at LBL. It is fun to ride,I put 45 miles on it and the machine shifts great. It moves up the hills like it was nothing. Pulls all wheels in contact with ground. I also had it up to about 40 miles per HR. Did not want to push it until it is broken in good. The LED console is great has HR, miles, Time,speed,and distance traveled. I did not let my freind ride yet because I did not want to get off the bike. I love this thing. If anyone who thinks they might want one of these go for it, you will be happy.

Old 11-14-1999, 09:27 PM
Trailblazer

I took my Rancher out for some trails in south eastern ohio today.
I am moving though the food chain of 4 wheelers. I started with an 86 Suzuki 185 then moved to an 87 Quad sport 230. (Almost killed myself) Sold it. Two years later bought a Timberwolf 250 2wd.
I have now purchased a '00 Rancher 4wd. This is my first 4wd and it is great! I weigh 210 and this thing pulled me up any hill I asked with plenty of room to spare. I even found myself taking the steepest hills as slow as possible just to feel the power.
I tried to bottom this thing out and only felt a tough hit once in the front (I would bottom my Timberkitty out just trying to get over a mid trail bump).
I did manage to get stuck once, I went into a 2 ft mudhole with a straight wall exit. While climbing out I had three wheels on the ground and one in the air. The two back and the airbourne front one were spinning freely but the front wheel on the ground was "Stuck In The Mud". I was unpleasently surprised, and stuck!
My impression...Much more power than the old fourtrax, great turning radius, excellent ground clearence, steady on sideways climbs, excellent gage readability and wonderful choices(Mile, Trip, Hour Meter, Clock.)
Is this the best Quad out there? Not for every one, and maybe not for me, but it will sure do for a while.
I was able to get my quad for $5286, including the first service for free and a $50 helmet (for the wife). Tax and title were on top of that. The total was $5618 including the freebee's.
Can anyone tell me if they had to pay shipping? They threatened this at first but it soon faded once we started talking out the door price.
Has anyone priced a snow plow for this model yet? What is a good plow to buy without winch operation?

[This message has been edited by gohl (edited 11-14-1999).]

Old 11-14-1999, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

JackJ, did you take it somewhere and get one front wheel off the ground, and then did the other pull? Gohl, was the tire that was in the mud when you were stuck spinning?

[This message has been edited by rooster (edited 11-14-1999).]

Old 11-15-1999, 01:46 AM
Trailblazer

Has anyone heard when the Rancher 4x2 is coming? I've heard rumors that it would be in December, has anyone else heard? And if so what kinda price is there going to be on one.

------------------
Scott...Patiently Waiting For The Rancher

Old 11-15-1999, 09:21 PM
Trailblazer

Rooster, I want to say I have the best quad ever made...But I have to admit the right front wheel that was stuck in the mud didn't move an inch, all other three sure spun enough though! (I should feel good about that right?)
Well, how does a guy admit he put 5K+ into a quad that doesn't do everything he will ever encounter? I guess he just says that he will probably never need all four wheels to be locked anyway or he would of bought the KQ with all it's hard to use gadgets!

Hoping to be happy...Rancher owner!

Old 11-15-1999, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

PotentOne, I heard in December the 2 wheel drive Ranchers are going to be in showrooms. The suggested retail price of the 2x4 Rancher is $4399, and the ES is $4599.

Gohl, that's good to hear and I hope you have good luck with your purchase.

Quick Reply: Rancher