Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Need Some Serious Help On Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, I've decided to treat my 250R to a set of wheels this christmas. The only problem is, Which ones??? I have always loved HyPer Tech's Carbon Fiber beadlocks, but I have my doubts with them. Does anyone here use them?

The other wheel I was considering is James Lucky's Ideal Wheel. It fits the description for what I need. Beadlock, and Reinforment rings. The only thing is, JL says that sometimes you have to grind the studs on a 5stud hub. The JL is also cheaper than the HyPer Tech, but price really doesn't matter.(not that I have alot of money anyways, but when I do something, I want it to last)

So, my question is, which wheel would be better for MX Racing? These wheels will be on an MX track 100% of the time. Thanks for your time,

Old 11-12-2001, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

today i just got my 10 in. ITP race wheels mounted on my razrs for my R and dam that looks tight! i'll be gettin some .190 edge series wheels for the front later on but them race wheels ITP's got goin look killer!

Old 11-13-2001, 08:29 AM
Range Rover

The HiPer wheels are most deffinatly the strongest wheel on the market . I dont think u could sell me another wheel because if u damage a HiPer wheel u can replace the piece u damaged so u dont have to buy the whole wheel ,that is a cost saver to me.They r well worth the money to me .I like to buy things once .

Old 11-14-2001, 10:55 AM
Range Rover

just get douglas ultimate billet beadlocks or just the conventional center beadlocks, the hyper wheels r ugly

Old 11-14-2001, 01:06 PM
Range Rover

Just because u cant afford them dosent mean u have to try and knock them down.Nobody here is telling u how ugly your bike is r they.so cut it out and go lay by your dish.

Old 11-14-2001, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

cspyy, you obviously haven't seen carbon fiber wheels in person. The are 100% trick!

DSBUDDY, the thing that makes carbon fiber better than aluminum is that carbon flexes where aluminum will bend.. Correct?

The way I look at it, I will only buy wheels for my 250R once. I want the BEST wheel available, so price doesn't matter to me. Thanks DSBUDDY, keep it coming.

Old 11-14-2001, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider

I wanted the Hyper Tech wheels, but being on a tight budget trying to get my quad fully ready for next season I decided to put the extra money somewhere else. Also I wanted to buy a tire and wheel combo to come out a little cheaper. Anyway I ended up getting the Douglas ultimate conventional center beadlocks with Razr MX rears for $335 from RMATV. Thats cheaper than a set of the carbon fiber wheels alone. I havn't had a chance to realy try them out yet. I have let a friend use them at a race and he liked them. The wheels held up fine, his 250R didn't. He broke his frame pretty bad and the wheels didnt get a single ding! Anyway if you have the $ I would go for the Hyper Tech's. My Douglas are alot heavier than I thought they would be.

Old 11-14-2001, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider

Well if this helps When I buy a set of rear rims for my R they are going to be hyper techs, After seeing aluminum rims bend up like cheese I will be getting something strong, good looking, and something that will last.

Old 11-14-2001, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

I won't be getting carbon fiber fronts, just rears. That's why I'm interested. My front wheels are bent already, so I'm thinking about "Ideal Wheels" with red locks and black mudcaps, and carbon fiber rears with caps. The weight is another thing I really like. Like I said before, I will get grooved radials for the front, and grooved tamers for the back.

So.. what do you guys think? Dirt Wheels said that Spader bent his a-arms and couldn't break the wheels... so.. I guess if they hold up for Spader, they'll hold up for me!

JL's on the front, and HyPer Tech's on the rear?

Old 11-14-2001, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

I have had the Hi Per wheels on my 400EX all year long. cspyy, even my brother likes my wheels so they must look good since he is like a fanatic about tricking out cars and trucks. I think they look awesome. Mine are all black including the beadlock rings. I would like to get the red rings someday, but I am more than happy with the way they look right now. They have been very tough and have had no problems with breaking.

I do jump in case you were wondering. The .190s that were on the back of my 400 have flat spots on them. Also, just last week I blew out one of my holeshots racing at an mx track.

The only trouble I have had was some wheel to wheel contact in the first turn. I have some small chunks missing out of one of my front rings.

Adam Smith

99 400EX

Quick Reply: Need Some Serious Help On Wheels