Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Well... no more COCHRANTON!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2001, 11:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From today's YOUNGSTOWN(Ohio)VINDICATOR -

"ATV and motorcycle run stalls out over regulations"

"COCHRANTON, Pa. (AP) - The annual all-terrain vehicle and motorcycle charity run that raises money for various organizations and boosts Crawford County's economy is taking a break next year. But the break could be permanent. "We don't know whether it will be back. That's something that has to be seen." said Fred Neff, a board member of the Allegheny Highlands Pulling Association. Neff said the event, which began in 1989, had grown so large that it was overwhelming organizers and made getting volunteers difficult. The event generated thousands of dollars for the local economy and raised about $80,000 this year for various causes. The event, which had been held the first Saturday in April, had become the largest of its kind in the United States. About 7,000 ATV riders registered this year; in its first year, there were fewer than 100 motorcycle and ATV riders combined. The association had been cited for environmental violations in 1999 and 2000 and state agencies stepped up their permitting process. Neff said the requirements were a hassle for organizers. Neff said the event, if it is brought back, may be scaled down to reduce the workload." - Youngstown Vindicator

- Well I don't know what to say... it was fun while it lasted

Old 11-19-2001, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well... I am disappointed, but not surprised one bit. Last year was so muddy, that probably had alot to do with all the EPA BS. I will say that it was out of control. I have been to several smaller poker runs since, and must say that they were much more organized. Trails were marked much better, and not as congested. The bridge crossings were much better constructed as well.

It was exciting though, being part of the world's largest atv poker run. Last years seemed to involve an awful lot of road riding- must say that I was somewhat dissapointed after it, might have been all the mud though-would have been a blast on a 4x4.