Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Got a question for you smart mx people.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2001, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should try to head out to the track next Sunday. I could sit down up the face of the jump and let it kinda spring the quad up over it but... I don't have the ***** to do it. It would probably spring me over the handle bars. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I'm just lookin forward to kickin #53's A$$. If you your reading this #53... I hope you like lookin at the back of my quad![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-27-2001, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider

If any of you think the above post was kinda harsh, than you should meet this guy. He comes over to where I was pitted at and starts talkin all this **** like, "If I get ahead of you, you won't be able to pass me." and "You better just keep your distance, I'm an agressive rider and am not afraid to bump a few people out of the way" and then he gets like seconed to last. Well... actually he breaks his axle, but the next race he gets his butt kicked. Lonestarbanshee took quite a hit in a race and had a concusion, afterward he was a little out of it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and repeated his self a few times [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] and that jerk off #53 had the nerve to call him a dumb a$$. Oh yeah, I'm reeeeeaaaaallllyy lookin forward to the race. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I won't take him out, but I just wanna beat him, Just so he doesn't come up to me talkin all that crap anymore. Just thought I would clear that up.

Old 11-27-2001, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider

yo daddy i would not put one more pennie in that 300ex. get rid of it and get you a good used 400ex. i promise you will not regret it. i has plenty of power stock and the suspension is light years ahead of that 300ex money pit. banshee was right, the motor is not the only problem you have. the suspension is holding you back alot more than your motor. i'm not downing your machine but i hate to see people who really love to race be stuck in a rut with a poor bike for motor x.in the long run you will be much happier with the 400 ex. remember you there to win and have a good time jumping big jumps. coming in last and saying what do you expect i'm riding a 300 ex plain sucks!!!!!!!!!
airtime

Old 11-27-2001, 04:57 PM
Pro Rider

OK, I haven't raced yet on a Mx track so I don't know if my opinion really counts here but, I do know that my stock Mojave would beat a stock 300EX in a stright line drag(don't know about around a track) but you seriously have to mod these smaller machines to be competitive. I got rid of my Mojave after I broke it too much jumping bigger jumps, so the point of my post is, get a 400EX or somethin bigger, everyone else has already said so. oh yeah, good luck on kickin whoever #53 is a$$ your next race.

Old 11-27-2001, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider

airtime, You are pretty close to being right. That IS a good excuse(Look at my bike) but, one of my best friends competed in the TQRA(largest quad racing association in the south) and NEVER placed out of the top 3 on his 300EX. This is rider skill! You would be surprised what a quad can do with a good rider.

YoDaddy, did you happen to notice that the yellow 400EX that got 2nd place saturday night didn't even have a pipe on it?

Everything YoDaddy has said about that #53 is true. He is always coming to our track and bragging about how much better this other track is, and when we all show up to ride, the gates are closed. He also says that he can take off(ON CONCRETE)in 3rd gear on that Blaster at the other track. He told me I should try taking off in 1st, to give me more shoot-out in the gates. Well, I started in 2nd, and I made sure to thank him when I pulled the holeshot[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] When I wrecked, I was a little out of it. I was sitting on this table beside the sports tower, and I didn't really know what I was saying. I remember saying "I know I've asked this before, but what place was I in?" The guy goes "You know, the more you say that, the more you sound like a dumb@$$". I was then informed that I was passing for 2nd place, and that guy was in the very back, with a screwed up bike.

Old 11-27-2001, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider

lonestar that is exactly my point. if your friend would have been on a 400ex he would have problaly won the whole thing, instead of 3rd. point is,i hate to see yodaddy put 2 or 3 more grand in his 300ex just to get to the point of a stock 400ex. also, yaw should gang up on #53 and put him in his place. get somebody to watch the nuckle head and when he starts talking crap, remind him of his last place finish. nothing worse than a self proclaimed pro-class rider (like #53) coming in last place.lol
good luck at the next race. airtime hey what class are yaw running anyway. a, b, c ????

Old 11-27-2001, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

I know what your sayin airtime and you are right but... another reason I hate to sell my 300ex is because it is my first quad. I'm sure you can remember your first atv. I learned everything I know on this bike and would feel kinda bad to give it up. Hey lonestar, what were you sayin about some quad for sale for $3,500. It would be perfect if I could find a atv for sale that I could make payments on and keep my 300ex, but I probably wouldn't do that. I don't really want a 400ex... I would rather get a 250R,cannondale,or banshee, but money is kind of an issue. I have a crappy job where I barely make $200 every two weeks. Thanks for all the help so far. Oh and lonestar runs the atv amature (if you can still out run the guy on the yellow banshee as bad as you did, you should race pro class), I run quad Blaster, the other guy he was talkin about now runs the 125 Novice class.

Old 11-27-2001, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

If you make $200 every 2 weeks, you can finance a C-Dale or Banshee(go with the Cannondale though!) if you are under 18, which I am guessing you are, I think you can still get one if you are 16 and have a cosigner! And FYI, any job is better than no job!!!

Old 11-28-2001, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider

I think I might go and check them out. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] If I do, I'm goin for the Cannibal. Lonestarbanshee, wanna go? When ever I have a day off from work I might go to Tyler.

Old 11-28-2001, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider

Just make sure you take your cosigner, or at least someone a little older with you, otherwise they are going to think you are just some kid wanting a quad you can't afford and won't take you serious. Hope you get one though.

Quick Reply: Got a question for you smart mx people.