Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Finally got some solid seat time on a 400EX!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2001, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A friend of mine and I were standing outside checking out his CR125, and we heard something LOUD flying down the road. Turns out it was one of my friends on a 2002 400EX with a DG pipe. He pulled up, and wanted to go riding. I called a few other friends and headed to the track. Another friend of mine came with a 99 400EX with a full race Yoshimura RS3 pipe and header. When we got to the track, the other guys weren't there yet, so we sat around a while, talking about mods. Finally the other 2 showed up(warrior and the 2002 EX), and we took off. I was on my Banshee, and the other guy was on his 97 CR125. We probably made 10 or 20 laps around the track, and then the guy on the 99 EX wanted to ride my Banshee. We traded, and he didn't get it back until the end of the night!

I was just planning on taking it for a joy ride, and giving it back, but the thing handled like a dream! It pulled really hard out of the muddy corners, and flew through the air like a bird. I hadn't really tried to clear the 50-60ft table top yet that day, and I flew off the landing on the 400 and found myself at the end of it! It took me a while to get the huevos up to jump the 30ft double on a new quad, but I finally went for it. When I landed, I commensed to kicking myself in the butt for being reluctant to do it. I love the clean snap of the Yoshi when you nail it right before landing..

All in all, Honda made a hit, and I'm glad I FINALLY got to test it out on the track. I rode the thing so hard, the lights fell out [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-23-2001, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

A little comparison question, how was it compared to YoDaddy's Cannibal? I was looking at a Cannibal and the seat seemed kind of high? Are they very close to the same feel? Sorry for having to bug you, just want to know. Would you trade your R for one??

Old 12-23-2001, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for asking ltracerx. Actually, the handling of those 2 quads are very similar. You were spot on with your observation. The Cannibal is a little "tippier" than the 400EX. Even though I haven't gotten a chance to ride them both on this track, they feel similar. The Cannibal and the 400EX jump alike too. I feel certain that an experienced rider can come straight off the 400EX, and feel just as "at home" on the Cannibal, and vice versa. I will have to come back when I get the chance to ride the C-Dale on the same track. YoDaddy had to work today, so he couldn't come out.

Another good question ltracerx. We traded back to our own quads for around 5 minutes, and when I got back on the 400, I was thinking about how my R would compare to both quads. There is no way in the world I would trade my 250R straight across for the 400EX. The Banshee would be gone without a doubt, but not the R. The 250 has the motor of the Banshee, and the handling of the EX. The best absolute best of both worlds!!

Old 12-23-2001, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

Anyone who can answer this, right now I have an 85 ATC250R. I like the "feel" of it(seat height, width, etc,) Are the TRX250R's very similar in the "feel" department? Has anyone ridden a newer LT250 and Cannibal? From my seat time on the LT, it seemed to have a high seat height, are these 2 quads very similar in the "seat height" department? Thhanx in advance.