Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

accesories for rubicon

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2002, 10:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last week end with the help of a friend,we installed a warn 2500 winch and a cycle country 48" plow.

The winch was a little tougher than i expected.I lost almost complete use of the storage box because of the solenoid.

To make a long story short,im very happy with the way it looks,i dont think the dealer couldve done a better job.

The only other bad thing about it is i had to cut the plastic piece on the front brush gaurd so i could see whats going on with the winch cable when winding it back on the drum.

No snow worth plowing,yet.

I have on order a cycle country electric plow lift.

Now my next move is storage for my stuff.I was thinking of fender bags and tank bags etc,etc.Do you think they will wear off the paint?Who has them,and how do you like them?

Or i might just get rack bags.

One more thing,what is up with genuine honda accesories?
My dealer has no catologs or anything.
I need info on this.
Someone here a while ago wanted to put brake lights on,i want to also.Dealer parts guy never heard such a thing.

Is cabellas a good place to get atv stuff?Im gearing up for a major league purchase.

I am very new to atving,so plase bear with me.

I LOVE MY RUBICON!!!!

Later,shawn

Old 01-19-2002, 12:27 AM
Trailblazer

You should have put the solenoid behind the left hand side cover up by the shifter.It is a great spot,it is out of the way and it dosent take up space from your compartment.I have put alot of them there it works perfect.Just a suggestion!!!!

Old 01-19-2002, 05:07 AM
Pro Rider

I mounted my solenoid in my storage box too. It does cut down on the storage a little. I still managed to fit the toolkit, as well as a length of rope, and even a roll of T.P. in there.

I had a set of tank bags once. Unless you really fasten them down tight with velcro, they will rub back and forth on the plastic, and scuff the heck out of it. I'd recommend some kind of rack storage unit. Any decent sized rack bag or box will carry all your stuff, including whatever you can't fit in the storage trunk anymore.

Honda doesn't make many accessories for ATV's. They pretty much leave it up to the aftermarket companies. As for the brake lights, American dealers won't have access to them. Canadian dealers might however. You can also find some kits on eBay. I've seen them sell for around $40.00 on there.

Cabelas isn't bad on prices. Sometimes you can find stuff cheaper. It depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for something specific, email me at rubicon_01@hotmail.com. I've got a couple of hundred websites bookmarked for ATV accessories. I can probably help you find whatever you need.