Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

are the QUAD WARS any good at monster truck shows

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2002, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there any cash prizes for winning? The winners supposedly got $5000 dollars but I find that hard to believe.

Old 02-07-2002, 11:38 AM
Trailblazer

I participated in quad wars last year, and the promoters name was Bobby Parr. Unless they are in a bind for racers, they dont usually pay you much at all if any, atleast this organization doesnt. Yes it is as real as WWF is. Just a show, but we were never told to be aggressive and hit each other. It was held in Fort Smith, Arkansas. Anyway, as far as is it worth seeing, well , thats debatable, but it does have atvs racing around "somewhat" so thats worth it to me.

Jacob Debes

Old 02-07-2002, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider

I recently got the go to a USHRA event, courtesy of Quadfreak, at the Shark Tank in San Jose. It was a good show, very entertaining and fun. It's not the same kind of production you're going to see at Nascar or Supercross, but taken for what it is it's worth watching. One of the coolest events was the Go-Ped races & free style. One kid did a flip off a 8-9' ramp. Those things look like they're a blast to ride.

Bottom line: if you're a motor sports purest, stay away. If you just want some VERY LOUD entertainment, take your wife, girlfriend, kids, what ever, and have a good time.

Old 02-07-2002, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider

Bobby Parr is the Promoter? I didn't know that. I know the whole Parr family is pretty crazy. I rode his brothers RM 125, and when he first got it, he tore it down completely and totally fixed it up nice. That was the first 125 dirtbike I have ridden and that thing was FAST. I haven't met Bobby himself but Allan (his bro) tells me that his Pikes Peek Banshee is one BAD M.F.

Old 02-07-2002, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider

i don't care about the money. i do it for the love of the sport. the money is just a perk.

Old 02-08-2002, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider

I agree with juggalo. I would say I would be the one to come in last, and then smoke em. That is if I had the skills to do so. It would be my luck I would realy be trying and the guys catch on and smoke me or take me out for real. Anyway If I ever raced one win or lose I would be banned from Monster Truck shows for life. Because if someone took me out because I was trying to win there realy would be a fight and not a staged one. HA!

Old 02-08-2002, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider

at toronto sky dome january 19th show the quad wars, 4 guys, but some how two guys engines mysteriously SHUT OFF! and cant start?? then it comes down to these two guys, and about 10 meters from the finish line he again MYSTERIOUSLY spins out? i dont even SEE how he could POSSIBLY spin out on hard packed dirt, it was staged, the WHOLE THING! he says the other team "sabotauged" his quad so he rode theirs. the quebec team didnt even have accents. the quad wars sucked i could be faster than all of them with a yamaha breeze

Old 02-08-2002, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

I think most people who ride quads know that it's staged. I too find it funny how someone always spins out or hits a big barrel of water(that was the funniest **** I have ever seen though). During the main even someone from the California team was ahead of the Oregon team, then slowed down right before the finish line so that Team Oregon could win.

Old 02-08-2002, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider

I like to watch Gilligans Island. I know that it's not real, I mean c'mon, the Professor can fashion a radio out of two coconuts but can't repair a wooden boat? The show's fun to watch anyway. If you can supend disbelief long enough to get through "Gone In 60 Seconds" or any other similarly implausible Hollywood release, you can enjoy Quad Wars.

Old 02-08-2002, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider

I agree TRXter, I enjoy the whole aspect of racing and quads in general, so even though it's fake, they are still riding quads, and technically they are racing. As a matter of fact, I am so obssesed with quads that I will hop on my bike and go watch somebody ride if I can't myself. Quads to me are like cigarettes to smokers, once you start doing it you can't stop.

Quick Reply: are the QUAD WARS any good at monster truck shows