Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

A D Boivin 450 suspension upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2002, 10:41 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody try the new suspension kit from A D Boivin on their 450ES/S yet? If so please post a review.

Old 02-08-2002, 11:49 PM
Trailblazer

They did a blurb in the Canadian "All Terrain Magazine" a couple of months back. It sounded impressive, especially in improving ride quality. It was relatively cheap too, around $180 Canadian peso. I was interested, because I wanted to improve the ride of my 300 Fourtrax and the wife's 350. However, a kit is not made for them.
There is another fella from Quebec with the tag name Prefex on the forums who also makes a kit for the 450, I believe. Maybe he's listening and can give you more info. Good quading.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-13-2002, 03:08 PM
Trailblazer

I guess I'll be the guinea pig on this. I'm tired of the log wagon ride and need relief. I'll post the results once I try it out.

Old 02-15-2002, 12:18 AM
Trailblazer

Good luck. I'll be waiting for your test report. Too bad Prefex didn't respond on his kit. Good quading.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-02-2002, 07:01 AM
Trailblazer

I've installed the kit, but it will be a few weeks before I get a chance to test it out. Still looking for a review from someone who has this kit.

Old 03-02-2002, 10:22 AM
Pro Rider

I know I read about somebody on this forum that tried it and liked it. I think it's in the Arctic Cat section in a thread called 450ES VS AC500, or something like that.

Old 03-02-2002, 10:57 PM
Trailblazer

DJLewis, I'll be waiting for your review and how easy/difficult do you think it would be to adapt to a Rancher?
Good luck.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Trending Topics

Old 04-02-2002, 05:18 PM
Trailblazer

I have been trying to smooth out the ride on my 450, I first bought a pair of works shocks for the front, they worked pretty good on a straight trail but if it was off camber or twisty I felt the works were a little soft and let the bike lean too much. They were adjustable but I could never get a setting that would be good for comfort and technical/off camber riding. Part of the problem with the works is i bought them off ebay and they are valved for 160 pounds and i weigh 210 so thats probally part of the issue also it was no improvement for the rear since i only bought the fronts. I then heard of th A D Boivin kit and the price was right. I thought if this didn't work it would be time to trade in the 450 for something with better suspension, however I like the 450 and its reliability. The kit is easy to install. My impressions are this: This kit is a very good improvement and much better than stock or the works shocks, cheaper too. The works shocks are too long to work with this kit. I can now ride a lot faster with confidence and am not as fatigued after a long day riding, the bike doesn't dive in the corners or off camber either. It is easier to steer, the front end feels a lot lighter. The big hits on bumps are smoothed out also.Added bonus is you get a lift also. Don't get me wrong, this kit will not make the 450 ride like a sportsman but the price is reasonable and the improvement is enough to make me keep the 450, I am very happy with it. Now it is time to start thinking about the detroit gearless locker. I recommend the A D Boivin kit to anyone with a 450.

Old 04-02-2002, 11:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

djlewis summed it up.

It is a must have if you own a 450. I have only installed the kit on one of my quads and the contrast is incredible to me. I won't even ride my second 450 until it's kit gets installed.

Old 04-08-2002, 12:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

were can we order/purchase this suspension upgrade?

Quick Reply: A D Boivin 450 suspension upgrade