Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Need help on exhaust decision, WB or big gun

Old 11-15-1999, 07:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering if anybody has any experience with either the White Brothers E-Series Pro meg silencer or the Big Gun complete exhaust system for the 400ex. I am swaying towards the WB because it is adjustable, comes with a spark arrestor, and I could buy the header pipe later. Although I have heard the Big Gun is quieter and may produce more power than the WB, but I do not know how the WB was adjusted. Any of your opinions are appreciated, or if you have another pipe choice I might consider.
P.S. I ride on my own property as well as Mich ORV trails, racing maybe in the future.
Thanks

Old 11-15-1999, 09:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

I resently bolted on the complete E-series pipe, and it made a world of difference in the power. I am also very happy with the deep grunt it makes when I give it gas. I believe the WB is better than the Big Gun because from what I have read it has a power increases through out the power curve, while the Big Gun only help in the Mid to High Range, but don't waste your time just buy a silencer. The complete system is required to receive any real performance gains. This is enable by the oversized head pipe. Also, the WB's pipe fits a lot better than stock. I had a hard time getting the stock to come off because of all the tubing, but the WB's slide right on without any work. Wish you luck

Old 11-15-1999, 09:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

Great advice, I think I might get it later this week, just curious did you pay around $400 for your system. Thanks

Old 11-16-1999, 10:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

I Paid $385.00 for the complete system. I ordered my from Road Track & Trial. They are a mail order company out of PA. Their number is 570-374-1197. If you do call them ask for John. They are great guys.

Old 11-16-1999, 03:27 PM
Trailblazer

Both would be a fine choice, but what kind of riding do you do? I have a 99 400ex with a full e-series system, K&N filter, and a jet kit. Wow what a difference it made. With just the few mods I've done it pulls all the way through the entire rpm range. Where're talking about the front wheels not coming back down to the ground untill 4th gear. Then with just a blip of the gas it's right back in the air again! What a machine! But if you decide on a system get the whole package (header pipe w/silencer) This machine sceams I love those honda's! Hopes this helps, good luck!

Old 11-26-1999, 05:15 PM
Trailblazer

Just curious, how loud is the E-Series system. I sometimes ride near homes and I can't afford to be really loud. Is their a quiet core available for it?

Thanks,
Chris
2000 400ex

Old 11-26-1999, 09:22 PM
Trailblazer

i have the big gun complete system and think that it is a great exhaust system ,when i put it on i thought i was riding a whole different 400. i had the slip on fmf megamax and thought it was loud, well leave me tell ya big gun is twice as loud. i didn't see very much difference in the fmf compared to stock, maybe a little more bottom end. the big gun is very easy to install, ( about 10 mins) i even have a 36 tooth rear sidwinder on and it didn't even dent my bottom end with the big gun on. the only really downside of the gun is the noise, i can't do any night riding without neighbors calling the cops on me. hey harlen are you near beaver springs dragway, i know where that road track and trail is , seilingsgrove .