Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

400EX upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2002, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HEY CORNDOG!!!!

hey A stock Cannondale will eat a piped Raptor???

I just don't see it happening

in the latest dirtwheels, it didn't even EAT a stock Raptor

Old 03-28-2002, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's funny, I haven't seen the current issue but in one of their earlier issues on the shootout they did, the Cannondale won the top speed shootout by 3 MPH so how can they now claim it won't outperform a stock Raptor!!

CornDog's right, the entry level Cannondale which is the Cannibal will consistently outrun not only stock Raptors but "modded out" raptors as well. The proof is at the track or the dunes, I suggest you make a trip to one and see for yourself! I've owned a modded out Raptor, I had the header pipes, aftermarket silencer, air box mods, jet kit installed, K&N, etc., and my stock Cannibal would beat the Raptor by at least 4 bike lengths in every drag race at the dunes and even worse on the track!! BTW, the Raptor is now sold!

Old 03-28-2002, 06:44 PM
Trailblazer

wyoduner, how many pros do you see racing banshees or raptors? Please man, open your eyes, realize that the banshee is 14 years old and realize that the Raptor is a terribly designed machine. One more thing explain why they have two carbs on a Raptor? Honda dominates racing of any kind, i mean real racing not drag racing. Rethink your logic. K?

Old 03-28-2002, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider

<< wyoduner, how many pros do you see racing banshees or raptors? Please man, open your eyes, realize that the banshee is 14 years old and realize that the Raptor is a terribly designed machine. One more thing explain why they have two carbs on a Raptor? Honda dominates racing of any kind, i mean real racing not drag racing. Rethink your logic. K? >>

BigDogX, I wasn't specifically addressing the handling or MX/TT racing aspects. The original poster asked: &quot;i love the looks and the handling, but the motor isnt enough for me. I want a hard pull from top to bottom. What do you think? Please add what you feel on the upgrades. Could I make this bike a better and faster machine than the Raptor, or is it not worth bothering?&quot;

I was addressing his question... See?

Honda dominates racing (MX) by using a 15 year old designed quad (Honda years are different from Yamaha years; Honda years = Classic, Yamaha years = outdated) that is EXTREMELY modified. I have been riding for years and NEVER ONCE met anybody who raced for a living. I have however met TONS of people who like to ride, have a good time and of course drag race once in a while. What gets me is that all I ever hear is how &quot;Honda is better in the woods&quot; Or &quot;all the racers use Honda&quot;. Well, goodie for them. How many of you people REALLY race and push the handling to the limit??? Not many I bet. If there are so many people that live for handling and racing, where are they hiding when I go out riding becasue I never see them. Granted, East coasters tend to favor that type of riding wheil West coasters prefer dunes and desert generally speaking.

To answery your questions; if every pro rider in the planet showed up at my doorstep I still wouldn't know who they are. So, I don't know how many pros ride Yam,aha.

I don't know why a Raptor has 2 carbs. I think 1 carb is plenty personally.

Raptors aren't perfect; personally I would take a DS-650 over a Raptor but like Banshee the best. I would get a 400 ex for my wife though. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

There are MANY that would argue that drag racing isn't real racing...

See Ya.

Old 03-29-2002, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

Well why not MX if you really like drag racing. When the gate drops, it's just as much of a drag race (to the first corner) as it is anywhere. I think if you like to ride the tracks and are looking for a way to make your 400ex faster than a Raptor, leave the 400ex stock. HAHAHA! Sorry, seriously though... Corndog isn't lying when he says a stock Cannibal will beat a piped Raptor. I've done it, Corndog has done it, Brian has done it, and the only ones that argue with that FACT are the ones that have never raced a Dale or even seen a dale. Lonestarbanshee owns a banshee and a 250r and he has raced his shee LOTS of times and the first time he took the R out on the track, he rode faster than he ever has.

As for dune riding... well, I have never been to the dunes. I am going to Glamis next Christmas vacation so to all of you that will be there as well, could I go ride with yall and yall can kinda show me around the dunes?

Old 03-29-2002, 02:06 AM
Trailblazer

It's always possible to throw enough cubic dollars at anything and make it fast. Certainly the DS, Banshee, and Raptor have more power potential, but I think the original question was geared more towards if the 400EX could beat stock or lightly modded Raptors.

To that I'd have to say yes. Understand that if you slap $1500 into your 400EX, it should walk the above mentioned machines. -Remember- if you pull someone by about 3mph in a drag race, you are literally &quot;walking&quot; away from them. If the guy you just beat drops $1500 into his DS/Raptor/Banshee, then they will now walk (maybe run) away from you.

Really though- if pure unadulterated racing is your game, there are far better players than the 400EX. For play riding, a little racing here and there, etc., it's a great choice.

Old 03-31-2002, 11:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

man ur 440 kit should cream the raptor...i raced a fmf 440 kit and damn i only beat him by about a bike length and i have a slammed 250r...rapotors are done by bout 2-3 bike lenghts when they race me

Old 03-31-2002, 11:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

cannadiales arent that great i rode one...no they will not eat a 440 kit sorry

Old 04-01-2002, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

Any of the Cannondale's will absolutely blow away a 440 kit, plus modded out raptors!! Race them all the time at the dunes, absolutely no match whatsoever for the Cannibal. Oh, and by the way, they are Cannondales not cannadiales!!

Old 04-01-2002, 12:05 PM
Pro Rider

No, your wrong. Havnt you heard of cannondales new quad? Its sold in canada, its called the cannaddials.

Quick Reply: 400EX upgrades?