Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Edelbrock Carb? Should I get it

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2002, 12:28 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guarddog- open the air box and rejet when you install the exhaust. Your buddy will need 2000 in engine, just to stay close.

Old 03-09-2002, 03:23 AM
Pro Rider

He swears by the Honda. The fact of the mater is..... he needs to spend alot, just to keep up, where I don't !!!!! He should have bought a real machine .... RAPTOR, but he got a honda instead. He made alot of mods to it, just to compete. The honda handle great, but still the Raptor is the Fastest and the BEST machine made !!!!! PERIOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-09-2002, 10:57 AM
Pro Rider

Listen Guardog,
Are we goin to have this debate again? Honda makes the best engine PERIOD!!! Apparently Honda's enginering can produce with 397cc as good a machine as Yamaha can with 660cc. You tell me who's better? Do you think that Raptor could keep up with a Honda 660cc if they made one? Apparently Honda doesn't need to. Chappy said that at MotoRama Honda 400EX's dusted the Raptors!!!Your machine sucks on the corners. I will admit top end speed the Raptor is about 10mph faster(stock) But Honda makes an all around better machine. Honda will soon come out with the 450cc machine and the Raptor will be EXTINCT!!!!!! Pay attention when I tell you SHOULD OF BOUGHT A HONDA!!!
Quadfather, Thanks for the advice. I have some more mods I want to do.
-RIDE RED[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-09-2002, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not even going to continue this debate with you. We can all make mods and do this or that, but it doesn't matter!!! I bought what I wanted and you bought what you wanted. They are both damn good machines and the fued could go on forever.... So I'm going to end it here ! We are both happy and that is all that counts. Later brother guardog

Old 03-10-2002, 02:45 AM
Range Rover

Well I wasn't going to jump in the "debate" but I must. Guarddog I believe
I must correct you. You stated "the Raptor is the fastest and best machine made". On the the contrary I beg to differ. In a few weeks I will show you the fastest machine! That's right it's not a yamaha, amd it's not even a honda. Zilla lives!

Old 03-10-2002, 03:07 AM
Pro Rider

Chappy,
Sell!!!!! BUY HONDA!!!!!

Old 03-10-2002, 09:57 AM
Pro Rider

hey chappy, you are right. I will have to bow down to the might zilla. That definitely was one of the best ever made. However, it's like the hondmarshal2 said, we beat you atleast 50% of the time. It is a work order on wheels !!! I would also agree with hondamarshal when he says sell !
I put the e-series pipe on mine and I can really notice the difference..... WOW !!!

Old 03-10-2002, 10:08 AM
Pro Rider

Guardog,
Can't wait to hear it. The neighbors will all be wearing ear plugs between you and me. Chappy will come around and buy a new machine soon. Can't wait to stop the zilla's a$$.

Old 03-11-2002, 12:20 PM
Pro Rider

I run an Edelbrock on the 400, and it is EXCELLENT!! I notice you live in Penn, so you probably do a lot of mountain riding (altitude changes). The altitude compensation on the carb has worked well at up to 5,000', although I haven't had it to 10,000' yet (those areas are still all snowed in). Tuneing is such a piece of cake, compared to any other carb I have ever owned.

Old 03-11-2002, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider

YzGuy,
Thanks for the input on the Carb. I think that in the fall I'm going to send my motor to Duncan and get the 440 kit w/ the Edelbrock. I have the complete Fat Boy 4 pipe and man is it awesome! Instant increase in torque and horsepower. My buddy has a raptor and if I get the kit I'll smoke him. My other buddy has a Paul Turner LT500, Zilla, that machine is just SILLY!!! I still don't think I'll even get near him in a race. What do you think should I get the kit or just the CARB and a new Camshaft?

Quick Reply: Edelbrock Carb? Should I get it