Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Buying 400ex - I need the 101 on maintinance and know how!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2002, 08:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend is rich, I cant tell you anything about him because he's fighting in afganistan&pakistan. I asked him for a 400ex and he said yes, but he wouldnt pay the shipping costs, I emailed a trucking company and they said that I would get an email estimating the cost of the shipment. If its $1000, that means I just got a 400ex for $100.

Should I ask him for a raptor or cannondale or what? He seemed surprized when I told him they were only $5000 US!

or should i just be thankful that I get a free quad?

Old 03-14-2002, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider

Be thankful your going to get a free quad. Here's what I'd do if you really want a Cannondale;

1: Do work for your friend, tell him that you'll work off the extra amount of money that the Cannondale costs

2:Be extra nice to him, not just because he will buy you a quad, but because he obviously cares enough that he would do something like that for you.

3: Thank him, especially for being over in afghanistan fighting for our country. There are quite a few people in my family who are in the Army/National Guard/and Marines so I know what thier families go through sometimes, so be appreciative of everything he does for you, and our country.

4:well, I don't know what else, just be thankful you have someone in the position to go buy a $5000 quad for someone without even rethinking it.

Old 03-14-2002, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider

Thank you ltracetx [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Anyways, I know him on the internet not in real life, but I know him that well that I know he's not some kid telling me he's in the army and what not... He is so cool, very nice too! He is 20 yrs old. I still can't believe, that if he is actually telling the truth that he will ship a quad from his state to ontario canada, WOW! What a kick but guy! basically, he told me "If you can find a way to ship it to canada its all yours" LOL.... I mean, when the truck stops in my driveway to deliver a quad, LOL, my parents will be so surprized! Thats why Im going to tell them(if i get it)that I won it in a contest, because they would probobly have a million questions about who bought it for me/was it stolen/the who why what when where/might be depressed, since they couldnt get me a 400ex, I had to ask my friend for one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 03-14-2002, 10:23 PM
Trailblazer

Dont send him any money for "shipping" if he asks for it! Why would he spend $5000+ dollars for the quad and not want to spend a couple hundred dollars on shipping? I mean if true, this sounds great, but sounds somewhat off. Is he rich from being in a rich family? Does his sense of patriotic duty outweigh the fact that he doesn't make a million being in the military? I come from a military family so dont get me wrong but a 20 year old doesn't make enough from just the military to go buying internet buddies a quad.
For your sake I hope its true but I'd hate to see your hopes get dashed or worse, your hard earned money taken.

Old 03-14-2002, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

I got news for you. You will never see your "make believe 400EX"

Your extremely rich, war hero, 20 year old buddy is laughing his *** off at you.

Old 03-14-2002, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

Yep, sorry but he's just talkin smack. I use to go on Yahoo to get people to buy my quad or ATC, some kid said he won the lottery and was going to buy my ATC250R for $3000. Needless to say I didn't believe him, and don't use that as a resource for finding/selling a quad anymore.

Old 03-14-2002, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider

quadfather im leaning that way [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 03-15-2002, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider

Iv got a full proof plan so that im not getting screwed over

Old 03-15-2002, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

what plan is that, i have heard people say that also that they are gonna buy my 200x over the internet. you keep in touch with them just long enough for them to know what a sucker you are.you send them shipping moneyt and you are out of it. dont be a fool. i could be wrong. good luck free quads are always nice. i need to come across one of them.

Old 03-16-2002, 08:50 AM
Pro Rider

"If it sounds to good to be true it probably is"

That pretty much says it all. I would be very leary of this internet "friend". I know that you are young and there are a lot of predators out here on the net. I am just saying please be careful.

Also, tell your parents the truth if this does happen. It is much better to tell the truth and face the consequences then have them find out later and then face the consequences.

Sorry to come off like I am lecturing, but from a parents stand point this type of thing is kind of scary. I know a lot of very well off people and they did not get that way buying things for people. If they buy you something they are looking for something in return and it is probably something you do not want to do.

I am done with the parenting mode. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Bat

Quick Reply: Buying 400ex - I need the 101 on maintinance and know how!