Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

What do you consider Smoked????

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2002, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok everybody I need your input to a debate between Guardog and myself. He keeps posting that the Raptor "smoked" my machine. Just a little history: We modified our machines and lined them up. We took off and we were neck and neck until we shifted into 4th gear. He started to pull away from me and he was only about 3 or 4 mph faster. Does this qualify as being smoked? He was maybe 1 to 2 quad lengths ahead of me. I realize that the Raptor is faster but he keeps bad talking the 400EX. All Honda supporters help me out. I know that I "smoke" him on corners and trails. If you all consider that 3 or 4 mph faster is smoking me than I'll admit it to the "DOG". Guardog and I are best buds so this is just friendly competition but help me put the dog back on his leash.

Old 03-26-2002, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider

ahhhhh you got smoked by the smokedog! j/k souds close enough for me, now you guys can quit drag racing and go riding!

Old 03-26-2002, 08:03 PM
Range Rover

How much $ do each of you have invested ? I'm thinking he spent quite a bit more than you....... Maybe he's getting smoked !

Old 03-26-2002, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

I paid $5400 out the door for my machine. All the mods equal $1100. That is a total of $6500. The DOG spent $6300 out the door for his machine. He has over $ 7000 total invested including mods. He'll be able to say for sure though. I still am going to get a few more things. He'll just say, "stock for stock I got ya." He'll be right but isn't a 660cc bigger than 400cc?????? I guess he's comparing apples to oranges. I believe Honda will make the 450F soon. He better watch out then!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2002, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider

hey Marshal, I didn't realize that you need all of the honda guys to fight your battle ! what's up with that. Last time I checked, neither one of us were pro's. You didn't make any engime mods until I pulled up with the Raptor. Now you wnat to do everything you can to beat me... but can't!! Dude, If it's that important to you, I'll LET you win!! Apples and oranges, huh? It's more like corvette to chevette !!! Later

Old 03-27-2002, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

And the only mod i made to performance was a White Bros. pipe and re-jet. 270.00 total

Old 03-27-2002, 10:45 AM
Pro Rider

I guess the only engine mod I made was a new K&N air filter and the Fat Boy 4 complete setup w/ new jetting. Total cost was $620.00. I'd appreciate it if you let me win sometimes. When are we riding next? Later Bro!! By the way you shouldn't downgrade that Raptor by calling it a Chevette. I saw how it handles even with the new wheel spacers. I was not impressed!!! I did not feel a big improvement. Later!!! I still know of a couple of places to hide bodies!!!!!!
The Raptor is more like a YUGO!!! By the way I did offer to admit that I was smoked if the general opinion was that. So far doesn't seem that way. I was right about the comment though," Stock for Stock". Later

Old 03-27-2002, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider

Out of all the people that viewed this post, it seams that nobody really cares how many times you were beat. You also seemed to have been mistaken about a couple of things. If I have a "yugo, then yours must be a tri-cycle!!!. The wheel spacers do make a difference in handling. And last of all, you'll have to tell me some spots for the bodies... all of my spots are full !!!
How many times are we going to continue this silly debate? It's actually getting old, fast. You were beat by the mighty Raptor !! Period. Now lay down and lickem'. Later

Old 03-27-2002, 01:10 PM
Pro Rider

Now children!!!!

I've seen friendly machine bashing turn into cubic$$$ to try and beat each other...
Wallets beware! I done killed mine!

Old 03-27-2002, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the advice "Dune". It's really comical the two of us grown men in our 30's trying to beat each other. Truth is we're just competitive and hate to be beat. Guardog's motto is, "Never let the facts get in the way of a good story." We're just having fun and ATV riding is a great way to forget about all your troubles.

Quick Reply: What do you consider Smoked????