Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Youth Riders

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2002, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm getting sick of everyone blaming every problem with atv's on younger people.There are many considerate young riders out there like myself that are getting sick of everyone blaming everythin on us. How many of you agree with this???

Old 03-27-2002, 08:48 PM
The Facility

No one is blaming "you"...but the statistics point the blame towards the younger group. It's nothing personal towards one particular person.

I ride with a few guys are not much older than 13 that have shown to be just as considerate as the older group of guys, but not all of them are like that.

But at the same time ,I can't say all older ATV riders are saints either.

Old 03-28-2002, 01:33 PM
Range Rover

I would never blame a Kid for wanting to ride a big ATV. I would blame the kids parents for not being intelegent enough to relize that a 10 year old kid SHOULD NOT ride a large ATV. I've seen Kids ridding ATC250R's that could not start the bike and could not reach the rear brake.

Woodo

Old 03-28-2002, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider

Alot of the older guys I see riding (that aren't in a family area) are drunk, constantly littering, and do alot more stupid things then I would ever do.

Old 03-28-2002, 07:23 PM
Pro Rider

i understand that some of the quads these kids get are way to big for their size but older kids should be able to ride them..It just pi$$es me off that some shops will not let you buy the quad you want if your to young,a 15 year old kid cant buy a blaster but can buy a trx90. The most dangerous thing with quads is if its to small.Back to the subject, their are many people that blame it all on younger kids riding on quads without knowing. Our reputation is going down the drain.

Old 03-28-2002, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider

Woodo68 hondaguy he's not talkin about the age limt he's talkin about the troubble makers that bring down the rest of us by by takeing short cut's acrossed other people's land ride doubble no wear helmets and when rideing on the road don't even stop at the sigens and people that just love the DMC pipe because it's the loudest ofcourse it has the best power gain it's bearly a step above a str8 pipe i know quad's and dirt bike's bring out someone great in us all it's so much fun to ride ahh the freedom and joy we all get when 6 or 7 of your buddies ride up to your house and want you to go rideing the dirt blue sky's burnt pre mix and your surround by loud high reving engine's your thinkin PARTY TIME but remember you gotta be responsable when you ride a large number of people in powerful places don't like us to much and the people around you can be turned ageinest us if bombaired with loud noise dust and tire track's acrossed there front yard for along anuff

Old 03-28-2002, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider

I agree i see lots of adult men sittin around drunk and littering, if anything this is ruining our riding fun. Younger kids may have louder machines and ride where there not supposed to but at least they do not ride drunk and litter. Im not blamin everything on adults either but not everythings got to be blamed on us.

Old 03-29-2002, 04:00 AM
Pro Rider

HondaGuy, being in the young category(15) myself I decided I should chime in on the subject. Have you ever watched the news, picked up a newspaper or listened to AM radio? To me it seems as if every pwoblem in America id blamed on the younger gorups of people. Persoanlly I think it's just a good excuse to hide the fact that most of the time, the so called "older people" are the one screwing up and we're taking the blame for it. Thats another story and topic, in which I don't care about because besides family, friends, etc... all I care about is quads. Why can't murders and the like think like me?

Old 03-29-2002, 04:55 AM
RIP Dear Friend

teen girls are crashing more so go blame the problem on them!!!!
States should restrict young Quad riders privileges until they prove their Quadability.
Chet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 03-29-2002, 09:50 AM
Pro Rider

Raptor a test wouldnt matter if they want to ride recklessly,then they will. What would you then consider adult age?

Quick Reply: Youth Riders