Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

313cc kit for 300 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-1999, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a guy bring me a 300 frida that had dropped a valve and severly damaged the piston and cylinder after they tried to pull start the machine after it had quit on the trail. After the tear down I reccomended to him that he might want to try a big bore kit. A kit that had caught my eye but that I had never used is the 313 kit from Powroll. Have any of you ever used this kit before and what type of results did it give? I have been using the Wiseco kits and getting good results just wondered if the Powerol or some other might perform better. Any suggestions will be appreciated as well as noted for future reference.

------------------
Kevin Gowdy aka Kagey 1999 Polaris Magnum 500

Old 11-21-1999, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, Gordon!

It's your cue!

Tree Farmer

Old 11-21-1999, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

Tree; Believe it or not for the first time thats who I was hoping would show up. I hated that we lost all of that 300 post he created as the info I now need is on that. I have parts of it that I got from Bog Hog but I really would like to have more of a personal opinion from someone.

------------------

Old 11-22-1999, 12:13 AM
mud
Weekend Warrior

Well i printed out what Gordon wrote about the Powroll 313 kit! I just wis it was not so long!

Gordon wrote!

With the Powroll 313cc kit, and no other mods (stock carb with stock jetting, stock pipe, stock muffler etc.) my 1997 honda 300 4x4 with 25" bi-claws up front and 26" in the back it will accelerate side by side ( up to about 30-35 mph) with a stock honda 450ES. in general riding, the 313cc kit acts very much like i've lowered the overall gearing ratio, in that it does almost everything a gerar higher than before.

well i am not a good nor fast typer so i will list some things now:

here are some draw backs'

1..with the 313 kit the quad now needs 92 octane gas instead of regular ol'87 octane do to a higher compression ratio.

2..The quad now runs hotter.

The bottom line is, if i did't already have the powroll 313cc kit, I'd order it tomorrow! Be aware however, that in addition to the price of the kit, you'll have a $100-125 machine shop bill for machining the cylinder, and the engine has to be torn down far enough to replace the piston, and reassembled. All in all, it is not a cheap modification, but the results aren't "cheap", either.

The Honda 300 4x4 with the 313cc kit performs much like a 400-450cc four-stroke4x4...except for top speed. The increase in torque is very noticeable in low and mid-range, which is exactly what I was after.

well that about sums up the main points i ac not type well on a puter so excuse my mis-spellings!!!

--------------

99 Red honda 300 4x4 Vamped, Lifted, powered!

Old 11-22-1999, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mud, you do Kagey and the Forum a real service by re-printing a fragment of the lost Honda topics--the "Dead Sea Scrolls" of ATVing. Thanks!

Kagey, you might inquire also of pamflacio@aol.com about the Powroll kit.

By the way, since you do not disclose your E-mail address, I communicate with you thus:

You express concern over postulated heat generated by the new Honda hydraulic transmission. Do you experience excess heat in the hydraulic automatic transmissions of the automobiles and trucks you drive?

Tree Farmer

Old 11-22-1999, 06:27 AM
Trailblazer

My impression of the Powroll 313cc Big Bore kit for the Honda 300 seems to have been already explained, but I'll add this...

From what I know about it now, and from the experience I've had with it, if I didn't already have one, I'd be rushing to get it.

It's not cheap, but it's a winner!!

But I DO NOT recommend the Highlifter Big Bore kit for the Honda 450.

Gordon Banks

Old 11-22-1999, 08:37 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks a Ton Guys . I will do an estimate and show this info to the customer and see if he wants to go this route. I think if it was my choice I would. To Tree Farmer , The answer to your Question is yes I am a full time Farmer (the Atv thing is part time suplimental income you know)I have a lot of Hydrostatic equipment and have had a lot of transmission problems in my auto trans equiped trucks of all makes matter of fact I currently own 3 and one is in the trans shop right now and both of the others have already been replaced but they all have 100,000 plus miles on them. My faith in the Honda Auto got a little boost last week when one of the guys from the plant that attends church with me copied and brought me a very complete tech readout and explaination of how the "Hondamatic" Functions. I didn't want to get caught like I did with the ES when one showed up and not have a clue of how if worked. One thing that really impressed me about the Hondamatics transmission was how small it is. My I guess you could call it fear does stem from my expieriences with hydraulics on farm equipment and on my trucks . I have double Trans coolers on my main work pickup and that has really helped its reliability. I guess I should have bought a manual transmission truck but I just like the way that Auto pulls from a dead stop and doesn't make me set my drink down to shift gears. HaHa (Translation- I have a lazy side)

------------------

Old 11-22-1999, 05:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

So what would the total price be on the Powroll 313 kit including shop work? Would it proably be enough to let me turn my 24, and 25 inch vampires a gear higher?

------------------
Matt Sibley

1999 Honda 300 4x4 Vampires and 2500 lb. winch

Old 11-22-1999, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider

I'm still trying to figure this one, man is this engine ever a mess. I am a little spooked of trying to build it. The man came by tonight and I asked him how they managed to do so much distruction on such a solid little engine....Get this when it quit they hooked it to another 300 to pull it out and tried to pull start it I asked "how far did you pull it"? Answer "about a mile" I ask "Wasn't it making any funny racket" He says"yes you know it was come to think of it but I thought it was just trying to start up" Well he has successfully destroyed a perfectly good 300 engine as completely as I have ever seen by bouncing a loose valve around in it. I don't know what this is going to end up costing but I am going to get the 313 kit for him along with a lot of other parts this will be a doozie. I don,t know if he wouldn't be better off with a new engine.

------------------