Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Am I out of line?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2002 | 10:40 AM
Pro Rider

400ex2001,
I know that this kind of stuff kinda gets to all of us, but what you did does absolutely nothing to help establish a decent reputation for us quadowners....it's antics like this which makes all of us look bad...i think most of us perhaps would have felt like you did, but most of us would have handled it differently.

Old 04-15-2002 | 11:20 AM
Range Rover

<< So I cranked my bike up went about 20 feet from him and did a big *** doughnut and went back by him throwing roost everywhere, Went to the end of the trail,turned around and came back spinning again, He was walking back to his house then and he turned around and looked at me and I held the front brake,Dumped the clutch and spun a hole in the trail, I hated to do this but Damn,He pissed me off. I hate idiots like that. >>

Dude thats not cool. Keep fighting the good fight but lets not give them any fuel for their fire.

Old 04-15-2002 | 11:55 AM
Pro Rider

400ex2001 you must have a decent neighbor otherwise you should have gotten your *** kicked

Old 04-15-2002 | 02:14 PM
Pro Rider

I'm glad i dont live by any of you.You can do anything where i live,ride on the road,go in any feild you want without renecks hunting you down.My grandfather owns some 2,000 acres all around my home so i can ride anywhere.Theres even some woods. Sounds like you people have some real @ssholes over there ,but try to be cool about things and not tear up peoples land.

Old 04-15-2002 | 10:41 PM
|
Trailblazer

He said he was chairman of the board of the city council or something. I never heard anything from the Sheriff anyway. Either he didn't turn us in or the police probably drove out there to look at the damage and laughed at him when all they saw were a few marks in the road no worse than any normal vehicle would leave.

Old 04-15-2002 | 11:54 PM
Pro Rider

Don't stop riding!!!!!

Old 04-15-2002 | 11:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

I guess I didn't realize how lucky I am. Around here the cops don't care for you riding on roads even paved roads. If I run into a state boy they usually joke around with or just ignore us. It must suck to get harrassed by cops for riding.

Old 04-16-2002 | 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

What part of &quot;private property&quot; don't you knuckleheads understand? The main reason public and private lands are being closed to ATVs, cycles, jeeps, etc. is because of stupid stunts like those in this thread. I'm a lot more pi$$ed at atv riders who screw up and cause areas to be closed than I am at the landowners who close their lands to us. Its your own damn fault! Wise up and follow the rules/laws, or bench racing and video games will be the only ATV activities left in this &quot;free&quot; country!

Old 04-16-2002 | 01:18 AM
|
Trailblazer

scosho, I do agree with you. Riding on private property is a no no and it does give us a bad rep. I just wanted to make it clear that it was a public gravel road out in the country that we were riding on as well as the ditches along the highway. I'm not saying I've never gone on private land without permission. If someone comes and tells me to get the hell off of their land, I just apologize and leave peacefully.

Old 04-16-2002 | 02:01 AM
Pro Rider

you guys should feel blessed.....i live in a city w/ 215,000 people in it.....i cant do as much as fire it up and make a pass down the street w/o getting reported....AND the nearest riding area is about 40 miles away and that place isnt too fun for quads...its been overcome by dirtbike crazies ...all the trails are rutted and the ones that arent are the ones that are like driving up a vertical wall, and thats not fun....the next place is 80 miles..(hollister)....and ok...well you get the picture.....just be happy you have a place to ride after you get home from work or school or whatever....im lucky if i go once a month

Quick Reply: Am I out of line?