Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Am I out of line?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2002 | 05:56 PM
|
Trailblazer

Just a little riding story I thought I would share with everyone. Me and a friend of mine decided to take the R's out for a quick ride before work today. We didn't have time to drive all the way to the usual spot which consists of a track and a couple of nice gravel pits, so we just headed out of town a little ways, found a gravel road, and pulled off the side and unloaded. We road up and down the ditches for a little while and then back to the trucks to get some refreshments. As we were sitting there, along comes this rusted out old white jeep with a plow on the front. He appeared to be writing down out license plates, so we kindly asked what he was doing. He said he was the chairman of the board and that he was turning us in to the Sheriff. When we asked why he said in a stern voice "You guys are tearing up the road! Do you know whats going to happen when cars drive over this now? Its going to make all kinds of bumps in the road. Now they are going to have to send a grader out here to fix it!" First of all the only riding on the gravel road we did was go up and down it a couple of times, and just to get from the trucks to the ditch we were riding. Now the funniest part (or the part that pissed me off the most) was when he was done bitching at us, he did quite a nice burn out, digging the road up twice as deep as anything we had done. I can't wait, I hope the Sheriff talks to me so I can turn him in for wreckless driving. lol

Old 04-14-2002 | 11:01 PM
Pro Rider

yeah man i know what ya mean, There are some real Di**heads out there. I have a guy that calls on me all the time too, but i think its funny cause i ride with all the deputys around here. Ill tell ya what i think it is, people like that are just jealous cause they cant have something like that, so they get mad when someone else has one and they dont.

Old 04-14-2002 | 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah today me and 2 of my other friends rode down 5 miles of dirt road to get to a riding spot. Nobody around here cares if your ride the dirt roads. Well I was heading home and my friends dad flagged me down and said that a half mile down the road a cop was sitting in a driveway waitin for me to come on by so he could nail me. So I just took a different way home. Now I was doing maybe 35 down the road with my quad at an idle. I guess I don't understand how that can disturb people.

Old 04-15-2002 | 12:26 AM
Pro Rider

BlueBus,

First of all, "chairman of WHAT board"? if he couldn't elaborate on his comments, he was full of it. He apparently had a one sided view of the situation that plagues us. Also, if you were on a township road, you were legal to do all the riding you wanted. But on the same note, I hear the pork (cops) up there around the Hutch area can have some issues trying to decide which is bigger, their heads or their, well I won't go there. But either way, the Star and Tribune has been having a hay day with us quad riders. I was so disugusted with their first write up, that I couldn't muster up the nuts to read the last one about the 5 state forests being closed to riding due to "wet" conditions. But they also saw it necessary to impose a burning ban due to, you guessed it, "dry" conditions. Now as we come near the next oppurtunity to elect new officials, let's not forget those who are driving these closures and boot their F'ing ***** out for some new blood.

Old 04-15-2002 | 12:42 AM
Trailblazer

Yeah I know what you mean to, I don't have a ATV but I have a Dirt Bike(Don't be mean to me because I have a dirt Bike, Love quads to) Anyways I made this trail behind my house to my friends house, The trail was on somebody elses land and I was not spinning at all through this trail I made that was on his property, He told me "Not to ride on this trail again because it was tearing up the woods" I politly said ok, So his neighbor has a couple of ATV's and and a Honda CR250R and XR400R Dirt Bike, The other week he came through on his brother's XR400R and is spinning and doing doughnuts which was tearing up the trail, I went back there after he left and in every turn there was a rut where he was spinning the tire and also all the way down the straights, so then this guy that lives on the other side of this guy rode his ATV on the trail today running over trees and making a mess, I never spun or anything because I didn't want to make the guy mad, So yesterday I go on my XR250R and went through the trail and spun every chance I got, Then the idiot comes out and told me to get off his land, He said "I told you once" I said "DID YOU TALK TO THOSE OTHER GUYS THATS BEEN RIDING THROUGH HERE? He said NO, I said well they made a mess of this trail and if you say anything to me you need to talk to them, He said get off my land, So I cranked my bike up went about 20 feet from him and did a big *** doughnut and went back by him throwing roost everywhere, Went to the end of the trail,turned around and came back spinning again, He was walking back to his house then and he turned around and looked at me and I held the front brake,Dumped the clutch and spun a hole in the trail, I hated to do this but Damn,He pissed me off. I hate idiots like that.

Old 04-15-2002 | 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

it doesn't matter where you go in this country,there is, and always will be people out there that do not agree with your lifestyle, and would prefer you pay a consequence because of it.
we need new legislation on off road vehicles.things are just getting way out of hand.it seems as if they are trying to make it impossible to ride anywhere.
there used to be tons of trails that i could ride on around my area.now with everything developing so fast they are building everywhere.
it's nuts.well i have alot that i could say about this whole situation that most of atv riders face everyday.i just get so frustrated that i can't speak or type.
blue bus,you're not the only one that this stuff happens to, and i think you handled very well.you're best off not to argue with people like that,you just have to feel sorry for the bastards cuase they live such boring lives and have nothing better to do then to bust peoples *****.

Old 04-15-2002 | 01:07 AM
Pro Rider

Same thing happened to me and Guardog. Our little riding area is not even 2 miles down our road and some old lady called the State Police on us. She even followed us home and brought the State Police. The Statie was going to ticket us until he found out who we were. It is amazing that some people are like that. They are not happy unless everyone is miserable just like them. I saw if I have insurance and registration than it should be road legal. Hopefully someday they will change this law to be a little more lenient. KEEP RIDING!!!

Old 04-15-2002 | 01:48 AM
Pro Rider

killerkx i know what ya mean. you used to be able to ride everywhere around here and now we got cops everywhere. hell the cops just spent a ton of taxpayer money (bought 2 decked out durangos and some police quads, rubicons) just to catch people on quads. its gettin pretty rediculous nowadays but the problem is that we have a bunch of idiots out there getting killed cuz they don't wear helmets or they go and tear up other peoples land. for example me and my friends used to like to ride at this one big field, and next to it there was a field were a farmer planted corn. well some idiot went out there and pulled donuts in the middle of the corn. now come on thats not nesscisary is it? well now because of that that place is off limits and the police patrol it.

bluebus- you weren't out of line at all. and ya know, carrot top was chairman of the board once too.

Old 04-15-2002 | 02:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

I would love to see a cop catch a 400ex on a rubicon. As for the cops around where I live (metro atlanta) are so **** about riding quads or dirt bikes anywhere. I have permission to ride on a friend of mines land, I park off on to his land which is right off of a main road. They brought 3 cops and a sherrif to stop me and then they tried to tow both my truck and quad before I could tell them I had permission(which really pissed me off!). All in all it's stupid. I told them to go fight some real crime. They didn't like that too much. I called my local sherrif and let him know how tired us quaud riders were tired of this bull crap. He just kept making up a line of bull. I am in the procces of contacting my local congressmen. Help keep it going.

Old 04-15-2002 | 03:10 AM
Pro Rider

It seems like everyone get's this more and more as time goes on. I live in a VERY rural area (AKA. middle of nowhere) that hasn't even seen the slightest sign of urban sprawl. While I don't have to deal with new land developments and such, I do have the pleasure of dealing with ignorant rednecks on a monthly basis. For example; there's this 120 acre plot of land that is in my family which me, my friends, and my relatives all ride on. So anyway, I'm out there one day riding, and this guy whose hunting tells me to "get the hell out", and that i'm "scaring away all of his turkey". Thinking maybe he was just a relative I'd never met before, I asked if he knew whose land this is. So I immediatly get a smart-*** comeback that I should "respect my elders", and have an apreciation for others. After about a min I found out that he is not my relative, nor does he have the right to hunt there. At this point all of my politeness is long gone, I tell him that I have written permision from my Grandmother to be here, and for him to get the hell off. He makes a fuss, but say's he'll leave. Then, 2 weeks later, this kid I know tells me that he was riding at my g-mas and some guy comes over and tells him to get the (Explicitive Deleted) his hunting land, and THREATENS THEM WITH A RIFLE! I always carry a cell phone, and if I see him again i'm going to call the cops on him. If he tries to run, I may have to incapacitate him with my quad. I hate to the one making the call, but sometimes it needs done.

Quick Reply: Am I out of line?