Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

416 vs 440

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2002, 07:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am wondering which would be better for racing motocross. I am racing in michigan at tracks like redbud, dutch sports park and log road. My quad is all stock except a aluminum air box. I am looking to compete with the people at these tracks. The mods that i am getting are edelbrock carb and a k&n filter and either white bros e slip on or full big gun exhaust. If you could help me out and let me know what i would need or where i could get either that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time

Old 05-14-2002, 11:37 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
For the exhaust, I would use a full system. Fmf powercore 4 w/ powerbomb headpipe, I've also heard that pro-circuits are pretty good, but all I see is fmf's all over the track, and in the lead, so probaly fmf. The edelbrock carb KICKS ****!!! K&N filter; YES!! Except, you should get a jet kit, and pistons(Weisco), and maybe an IMS big bore kit. I am only reccomend these things, but if you want a competitive machine, those would be pretty darn good. You absolutely have to have the jet kit along with the mods that you want though, and if you don't have a-arms(or wheel spacers), an axle, and a +2" swingarm, then you probably want those, because they really help stability. Works triple rate w/ rezzy's are good, maybe pro series frnts, and a quadstar w/ rezzy, or ultra cross rr. You can get the exhaust, air filter, pistons, IMS kit and jet kit at www.rockymountainatv.com, you can get the carb, shocks, arms, axle, and swingarm at www.motoejoe.com.