Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Sick and tired

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2002, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WyoDuner how is your Banshee street legal???????????

Old 05-21-2002, 10:34 PM
Range Rover

really your banshee is street legal. wow tell us the story on that

Old 05-21-2002, 11:44 PM
Range Rover

i love my ex. now i think that what suzuki is doing is a really good thing BUT i think the could have been more inovative. basically used a 400ex frame raptor tires wanna be raptor plastic and so on.i personally think the z is emtreamly ugly. im not say my ex is the best looking thing ever but i thin most would say it looks better than the z. i would buy a z if it had different plastic and tires. besides ive heard some great thing about the drz dirtbike. besides its the ex's only competition. and the reason its better than everything else is becuase its new. when the ds came out that was the best. then along came the raptor and then that was best. and now its the z. but like the ds and the raptor in a few months they will start putting it down and finding problems and stuff so im not worried. im not saying my ex is perfect stock. but i think we should all admit the ex is pretty damn close.

Old 05-21-2002, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

<< What envelope has been challenged with this Z400? The only thing to get excited about is the fact that this is Suzuki's first sport quad in a long time, that's all. It's using old technology!. >>

old technology...ok lets see,
dohc engine, honda have that on the 400? no? didn't think so, how about yamaha, nope not there
how about liquid cooling? struck out on that one too, yep old yamaha has that
how about that old thing called reverse? nope, on just about everything yamaha has

yes all of these have been around for a long while but yamaha, and honda don't use them in their products. how come? cause when your brand loyal you'll buy whatever they have. why improve on the 400ex when they are still selling? thats why it is most important for suzuki to bring out the z, with dropping sales honda will be forced to improve their products. hey my warrior has been around for how long and it still sells, why, because its been proven to be durable over the long haul and still is a contender against a 300ex. so no matter what you may consider old technolgy, competition between different companies is better for all of us. when honda decides to build a 650 or whatever and they bring some of the old tech along with it (like reverse and liquid cooling) then i, and many others will go and buy one, till then suck it up and quit moaning about it. just be happy that you as a consumer can go out and buy whatever your little heart wants. so this Memorial Day remember who made this all posible, our brothers, sisters, fathers, grandfathers, great grandfathers, etc, who gave their lives and those who still serve, just so you can plink away on your computer crying about the new z400 that just passed your 400ex.

Old 05-21-2002, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

While it does seem a bit much, all the excitement and splash generated by Suzukis new quads is a good thing for us &amp; our hobby. I have no biases toward any of the Japanese big 4, I like them all, but I do think Honda is the best quad maker overall. I will soon be in the market for a sport quad as most of my riding buddies have significantly faster and newer quads than my LT230 and I am killing it to keep up with them. So I listen and read all the talk of the Z-400/400EX/Raptor debate intently. Competition between the big 4 will benefit us all in the long run and when the dust settles I'm sure Honda will have the best of it. But I'm running out of time age and healthwise for sport riding so I can't wait for my favorite brand {Honda} to get off their duffs and make the ultimate quad. Chill out and enjoy the ride that rising popularity of our favorite hobby/sport has to offer us, this is the golden age of atving.

Old 05-22-2002, 12:14 AM
EX1
Weekend Warrior

Lets face it, it was about time for suzuki to bring out another quad. I didnt mean to sound too offensive towards suzuki people. Hell, i used to own a 250 quadsport and just as much fun on that than any other bike i have owned. I was just tired of hearing people instantly start bashing the ex. Sure suzuki was aiming at it when they developed the z. I just wish new suzuki owners would tell us about how their quads runs and rides instead of how much it will smoke a honda.

Old 05-22-2002, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

I agree with you EX1, bashing anothers quad serves no purpose. Kids will be kids however. I try to reply honestly to folks posts when they have ?? about something I'm familiar with, like 250 class trail/utility quads. The Zuki tops the Honda there, I do know that. Ever notice that the brag/bash posts are usually about silly stuff like &quot;what would win a drag race&quot; between quads that are not made for that purpose? While always interesting, not much useful info there. I guess when one lays out the cash for a quad, some need reassurance that they made the right choice, hence bashing of others purchases. Doesn't do much for me. I did not know much about atvs when I bought the Bayou 220, and the Recon is a step up for sure. The Ozark is a small step up from the Recon too. When we are all out in the woods or sand pit, everyone has a smile on their face regardless of what quad may be better. That's what it's all about!

Old 05-22-2002, 12:41 AM
EX1
Weekend Warrior

Exactly .............

Old 05-22-2002, 03:29 PM
Pro Rider

WyoDuner,How is your banshee street legal?

Old 05-22-2002, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider

First off....Well said Wyoduner and gary660r.

Secondly

<< Well, I havent even got the chance to ride a Z400 yet and I am already sick and tired of hearing about it. &quot;the z-400 smokes the ex&quot; &quot; the z-400 handles better than the EX&quot; .......................well, i would hope this suzuki would! Suzuki only had three years to copy the chassis and set up on the EX and give it a liquid cooled engine with higher compression. >>

Now I personally don't care which one is better, but I would still like to respond to this. Yes, Suzuki has 3 years to make a better quad than the 400ex...so what. Honda had 3 years to make a better quad also.

I know the response to that is going to be &quot;Well Honda was the leader, yada, yada, yada, so if they didn't have any other competition why would they need to make a new quad to compete with the one that they have?&quot;.

That is a fair statement, but in this case it would be a hipocritical comment. As long as Suzuki made a quad that is better than the 400ex they are fine (I'm not saying that they did or didn't). Why should Suzuki have to build a quad that is twice as good as the 400ex? If the 400ex is King then they just have to make one that is better, it doesn't matter how much better...just better. When someone answers back to them, then they can start all over again. It's called &quot;raising the bar&quot;.

You guys just don't get it...the manufacturers have the technology to make better quads than they actually do. For them it is about building a quad that will make them money. Suzuki's theory is if they can make an updated 400ex they will get the sales like the EX.

None of the manufactures build their quads to their full potential. Look at all the aftermarket parts you see for them...why don't they build them with those parts already on? You guys don't think Honda has the capability to build a less restrictive exhaust for the 400ex and throw it on right from the factory? Give me a break.

Suzuki could throw a GSX-R 1000 engine in and ATV frame and call it the fastest production ATV ever, and market it as the ultimate high speed machine but they won't because there is no sense in doing that. That might be a little bit of an exageration, but I think you get what I mean.

Anyway, I wish that Suzuki hadn't released a new quad....it's just one more to add to all of the arguments over which is better.

Thrust, if you want to know about Wyoduner's Banshee just go to his website. Each state has different laws and the reason his is street legal is because it meets all of the requirements.

-Josh

Quick Reply: Sick and tired