Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

if im pulled over, im 14, will i be arrested?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2002, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my mom said if i was pulled over, im 14 and would be arrested on the spot. would i get a warning, be sent home. or would he just not care? I ride on paved roads, dirt roads, little traffic.

Old 06-15-2002, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider

you would get a warning first. but if you continutaly do it you would eventuall get a ticket first and a fine. i dont thing there would be jail time unless you were drinking but because you are 14 they cant do much maby impound your quad.

Old 06-15-2002, 02:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

No you'll get a couple of warnings and if it keeps happening you get it taken away from you for 30 days

Old 06-15-2002, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

That maybe true but where I live the cops pull you over to stop and talk. They dont give a damn as long as your not all over the road,just follow the laws!!

Old 06-15-2002, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider

everyone that replied was from the U.S. he is from Canada. More then likely the laws are different.
Don't press your luck and obey your laws. If you continue to break the laws you could lose access to all your riding areas, like many of us in the states have.
It's always better to set an example then to be an example!

Old 06-15-2002, 10:35 PM
Trailblazer

We live just outside city lines. The county cops dont care as long as you are wearing a helmet. When the city cops come then everyone knows they are going to get in trouble anyway so they make a run for it. My point is, ask a cop next time.

Old 06-16-2002, 06:07 AM
Pro Rider

You WILL NOT get several warnings. Unless you cops are really cool, you will be pulled over, have you quad impounded and will not get your license until you are 18 yrs old. This happened to my friend a few years back. He was doing about 35MPH down the road on a honda 300 4x4. You will not be arrested, but chances are, the cops will do everything else to ruin your day. The cop who pulled over my friend was a CHP. It all depends on the cop that pulls you over. If he is cool, he will tell you to stay off the roads. I don't think you'd be lucky the second time. Police get pissed when you don't listen to them the first time. Here is something to remember: AS far as the police are concerned, you are a minor without a license, driving a motorized vehicle down the road. They will treat you as if you are driving a car.

JaMeS

Old 06-16-2002, 06:40 AM
Trailblazer

i wouldnt risk it , but if i were you, if u have to ride yer quad to the local place to ride, heres what i used to do, turn it on, put it in first and "walk" it to the spot, give it a lil gas every now and then and u shouldnt have to push it at all, in colorado my riding spot was a construction site (funnest place ive ever riden, sand, dirt jumps, containment bowl, was SOOOOOOOO badass) anyways, it was 2 streets behind my house so i put it in 1st and costed it down their, but i didnt sit on it i just held the bars and looked like i was pushin it (which is funny to see a quad goin like 5mph and then u look like yer strugglin lol.....)

Old 06-16-2002, 09:26 AM
Trailblazer

We can all tell you our experiences, but unless you happen to live where we do, they won't do you any good.

Why not just call the local police station and ask them? Write down the date, time, name of the person to whom you speak, and what they say. Then you have your answer.

If they say you CAN ride there, keep a copy of the notes you took with you on your quad. Should you get stopped, you can refer to them and ask the officer who stopped you to contact that person regarding the legality of what you're doing. BUT DO IT RESPECTFULLY! If you get an attitude with the cop, he's not going to do you any favors.

If they say you CAN'T ride, then don't. It's not worth the risk. Your quad might be fast, but ultimately, you can't outrun a radio.

Old 06-16-2002, 10:54 AM
Range Rover

Around my area you usually get a warning first depends on the cop. Some cops dont bother stopping you if your behaving.But also where I ride I might see a cop twice a year.

Quick Reply: if im pulled over, im 14, will i be arrested?