Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

if im pulled over, im 14, will i be arrested?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2002, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would expect that anywhere you ride on paved roads eventually you will get pulled over. Paved roads are for vehicles with plates, turn and brake lights etc. You go riding down a road set up for auto traffic on an ATV with a rivited-on plate that says DO NOT RUN THIS ATV ON PAVED ROADS like they all do and you're not going to have much defense when you get caught.

Jaybee

Old 06-16-2002, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<< You WILL NOT get several warnings. Unless you cops are really cool, you will be pulled over, have you quad impounded and will not get your license until you are 18 yrs old. This happened to my friend a few years back. He was doing about 35MPH down the road on a honda 300 4x4. You will not be arrested, but chances are, the cops will do everything else to ruin your day. The cop who pulled over my friend was a CHP. It all depends on the cop that pulls you over. If he is cool, he will tell you to stay off the roads. I don't think you'd be lucky the second time. Police get pissed when you don't listen to them the first time. Here is something to remember: AS far as the police are concerned, you are a minor without a license, driving a motorized vehicle down the road. They will treat you as if you are driving a car.

JaMeS
>>

Yamahagye is right, this happened to me when I was 15.. I did get my license when i was 16, on time. But I did get a boatload of fines

Old 06-16-2002, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

In Nova Scotia if you're caught on a road the cop can take your quad on the spot!!! You'll get a big fine and if you want your bike back....happy bidding at the next auction. It's all at the dicretion of the cop that catches you. I know because my brother was pulled over for riding his ATv on our cottage road that's only used by cottagers. The cop was nice enough to warn him instead of being a dick. He cop told him the next RCMP officer that stops him might not be so understanding.

Old 06-16-2002, 09:10 PM
Trailblazer

well i got stopped when i was 14 and me and 2 of my friends on their own quads all got took to station and they called are parents to get us, impounded our quads, gave us 6 months probation and if we were seen even on our own property ridn our quads they would fine us and some other BS but i think that was a crock of sh*t they cant do that so i rode anyway and on the road too. this was in lafollette, TN be careful

Old 06-16-2002, 11:56 PM
Range Rover

i am 13 i live in florida and whil at my friends house i was wheeling and went into the road and some guy called the cops this was about the 5th time tha week someone called the cops on us usaully cause we have a wb e-series and toomey exhaust which are pretty load when revved high the old people complain and call the cops the cops didnt mind they just said to keep it low and try to stay off the street cause that is a strict neighborhood but i have been warned for riding on conservations but they said if they catch us again we will be fined but they gotta catch us first
good luck

Old 06-17-2002, 12:38 AM
Range Rover

where i take off from my Girl friends (i leave my quad there so ican ride after work) house and cost down to the site. in Cali you can have them going down the rode as long as the motor is off. so i just cost down hill. then when i come up i just walk next to it and feather the cluch. and if i see a cop i shut it off. or if it is after dark i let it run and if the cop asks why it is on i say i was pushing it an left the motor on so the lights will be on and cars can see me. also it helps if you take your helmet off when you push it.

Old 06-17-2002, 01:29 AM
Trailblazer

you really shouldn't push your luck with the cops anyway, and if you younger guys keep bs'n with the cops and pushin your luck you are gonna ruin it for the rest of us. in other words stay off the road and obey the laws.

Old 06-17-2002, 10:29 AM
Trailblazer

I live in VA County cops suck but the state cops are usually pretty cool. I push my quad too across a 4 laneHW. I cut the motor off and walk it across if a cop stops me I just reach out to shake his hand tell him my full name and tell him exactly what im doing. The result is usually the cop says be careful and don't get hurt. Just be nice and polite and they normally let you go with out a warning or any thing. some cops just suck though you cant change that