Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

400ex or z400

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2002, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK jeffman, take a deep breath, ok, now I never said that the Honda models werent good, I know the Recon is great, my cousin has one and it is awesome, but you need to wake up and see whats happening, Suzuki has been doing just a little better than Honda in every new quad they have made, The Ozark, has a bigger engine, more suspension travel, better looks, better handeling and a more, does that mean the Recon is outdated, not a chance, the Recon is still a great little bike, its just that the Ozark is a little better thats all.

Manhandelz, what part of Fort Myers do you live in? I live off of Bayshore near Lawhans (sp?) if you get a Z let me know I would love to ride one, I just have to save up some money so I can get one.

Old 06-18-2002, 12:51 AM
Range Rover

not sure if u know where briarcliff or eagle ridge is but thats were i ride untill they put that damn conservation there but that probley wont stop me from riding there but othere wise i live near bell tower

Old 06-18-2002, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

<< Why are you YAMAHA and SUZUKI riders in the HONDA forum anyway? Im not saying that you are not allowed, im just asking... >>

What? Is it liked we walked into somebody's house in the middle of the night or something??? It's a FORUM. It's the internet. It's not somebody's physical space that was invaded ir intruded upon... Gees!!!

Personally I read all of the forums here that have to do with sport quads and such.

I own 2 Yamahas right now but I will buy any brand if it suits my needs, even a Honda.

Old 06-18-2002, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider

The same thing happened to me, I have been riding in the woods by my house for 12 years now, and the just recently closed it off and called it a preserve, I can tell you there is nothing back in those woods except snakes, I still ride back there though, and the cops have seen me do it and they don't care, heck I have a cop that lives a couple houses down and he doesn't care. I have heard of braircliff, if its by the Bell Tower then its quite a ways from where I am.

Old 06-18-2002, 05:25 PM
Trailblazer

I rode both a 400ex and a Z400 in a variety of places. I felt much more stable on the Z400 both on trails and hills. The Z had noticeably more power, but its power will only let it bump the back tires of a raptor in a drag race. As far as racing a 400ex....bye bye honda :-)

Oh, was I supposed to be flaming like the other kids? Sorry, I just answered the original question.

Old 06-18-2002, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider

<< [i]As far as racing a 400ex....bye bye honda :-)

<< [i]

Actually, thats mostly what you see racing!! How many races have you been to lately? I have been to GNCC, MX, XC you name it, and guess what, majority of them ride modified 400ex's for your info....

Look and count next time you go to a race...

Old 06-18-2002, 08:20 PM
GTV
Range Rover

That might have something to do with the fact that untill a year or so ago the 400EX was the only late model quad avaliable, with an abundant amount of high preformance aftermarket parts.(and handeled decent from the start)

I would expect Dale will soon be the most common on the track, with the occasional Z and EX.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Later

Old 06-19-2002, 01:43 AM
Trailblazer

First off I rode the z400 and was impressed by the stock power. The handling was as good as the Honda, but you wont see me running out to buy one.

I race MX and the thing that I have to look at is what is going to give me the best chance to win the race and the fact is that I can build a better Quad from a 400EX then I can from a Z becuse you can't get many aftermarket parts yet. I can go out and buy a EX, drop a few thousand $'s on it and be very competative. With the Z that is not a option yet. As far as the C-dale they are a very impressive quad but I just can't see myself spending +$13,000.

Last weekend at the track there was 28 quads, one was a Z with no nurf bars (and sould not have been alowed to run), one C-dale and the rest were 250R's and 400EX's. I know that most of it was the rider but I'm sorry to say that the Z can in last.

Old 06-19-2002, 02:33 AM
Trailblazer

It doesn't take a racing genius to figure out that the Z400 has only been out for a month maybe. I doubt that every team that has been building hondas all year ran out to buy a Z400 at full MSRP the day they arrived in showrooms. But I'd be willing to have this conversation with you next season.

Old 06-19-2002, 05:06 PM
Trailblazer

I agree with Jeffman on alomost everything he said. The 400ex is better than the z400. I have a 440ex and it's no problem for me to beat pipped and jetted z400's or for that matter pipped and jetted raptors. If you get a 400ex you have reliability among many other things. The 400ex can be built up to beat the z400, Raptors, 250R's, among many other bikes.Be smart go for the 400ex.

Quick Reply: 400ex or z400