Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Campy,
VERY, very well put!
-MT

Old 07-04-2002, 11:04 AM
Trailblazer

Knowsalot, i think you are right, my freind has a CRF450 and i have ridden it a bit and there is no way that engine can be used in a quad that is sold to the recreational rider.That motor is very highly strung and needs a lot of regular maintance like new rings and piston every 10-15 hours.It was designed for competion use only, the XR650 would be a lot better because it is in a mild state of tune and would last forever, also i think the 650 would be a torque monster exactly what a quad needs for the extra weight it has over a two wheeled bike.
my money is on the 650EX.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-04-2002, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<< It is easily the ugliest quad out there. >>

HMMM, I'm not too sure about that, the new Artic Cat is pretty ugly too. It looks like somethimg bit it's nose off. It is ugly, yes. But at least it is thier own. A/C is selling the Z400 in their own plastic as their sport. What a shame.

Old 07-04-2002, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider

Everything was made to compete with the 400ex?!?!?!?! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!! Thats the lamest thing I&quot;ve heard. The DS 650 was made to compete with the Banshee (reason why it's just a little faster and Bomb places so much emphasis on the dunes) and than the Raptor was made to compete with the DS650 (reason why it's less than 10cc's bigger and maybe a little faster) and than here comes the Cannondale... don't let the 432cc engine fool you cause speed wise, it's in the DS/Raptor class, but the Cannondale was targeted at the old 250R's that have taken over MX (the 400ex was just in the back of their minds). Now we have the Z400 and they are the only ones that actually ARE made to compete with the 400ex. The KXF400 was only released cause Kawi is to cheap to come out with their own quad. The Artic Cat (yes, that is a quad and not a vaccuum cleaner) is just like Kawi... to cheap to come out with their own quad. The Predator is clearly going to be aimed at the big bore quads.

So out of 8 quads, only 1 is actually made to compete with the 400ex and 2 are indirect competition to the EX.

Old 07-04-2002, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

&quot;Everything was made to compete to the 400EX&quot;

This is true, in a way. Whenever a new sport quad comes out, it is inevitable that they compare it to a 400EX at least by the second paragraph of the ride evaluation. Whether it be comparing the speed, and/or handling.

Old 07-05-2002, 05:31 AM
Range Rover

My only concern about this Predator is will it break the 75mph stock speed that quads are apparently tuned for. Otherwise, it falls right in the league of your current quads built today. So....the consumer will have to sink about a grand to get 5mph out of it!!!!! I hope this Predator proves me wrong, until then quads are just to slow for the money dished out...

Old 07-05-2002, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider

makes me laugh when people crap all over honda....bragging about how there 650 or 660 is faster than a honda 400ex....must be quite a quad if you quads are 250 cc bigger yet you feel impressed that the 400 isn't as fast!!..think about it!!

Old 07-06-2002, 02:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

WOW the honda 650R dose 99 miles per hr that must mean my ds 650 is real fast because my friend matt has a 650R[PIPED JETTED PISTON} and i annihilate him as though he was sitting still.yes i have a 440 ex that just ran a 300 ft drag faster than my ds.Ya'll
might want to look a little farther before you outdate the 400ex.predators im waiting bring it on.

Old 07-06-2002, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

Naw, IRS is to complicated, and the big 4 don't care enough about quads to go that far. They'll sell anything they release and thats why they'll release a quad that will barely &quot;out do&quot; the Raptor and DS (if the new Honda will be a 650) and let the consumers find the problems with it. I think Polaris will come out with one hell of a machine and Polaris and Cannondale are the only ones that really try to make a quad that is a big jump over everything else, instead of just a little better. If Honda releases a 650, it SHOULD stomp the Cannondale as far as top speed is consernd, but it won't because it will be to detuned... it will probably be faster but not as fast as a 650 should be. The problem with most people on this forum and everywhere, is that they all think that Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, and Kawisaki are just gonna release the quad that everyone has been asking for, and they will just really get into quads and everything will be just fine and peachy. The reality is, they cared somewhat in the 80's, than the lawsuits came and Yamaha was the only one with big enough ***** to keep a good quad on the line.

The manufacturers haven't cared for over 10 years, do you seriously think they are just gonna get up and say, &quot;Hey, lets find out what the quad buyers out there want and we'll make the perfect quad!&quot; HELL NO!!!! They're gonna say, &quot; Well, as long as we make our quad just a little lighter and a little faster than the rest, we'll be able to reel those quad buyers in.&quot;

So to all you guys that think Honda is gonna release this monster that is going to stomp everything, do like Doctor Phil says and GET REAL PEOPLE!

P.S. This wasn't directed to everyone... if you get mad or offended by what I said, than you obviously feel differently than me and than you are the one I'm directing this to [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

P.P.S. I got a bit off topic as well but sometimes I just gotta vent [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

Old 07-07-2002, 10:44 AM
Pro Rider

Johnny, to be completely and totally honest with you, I don't think that Honda has the ***** to release a groundbreaking ATV of such proportions. Perhaps they will surprise me, but I seriously doubt it.

Quick Reply: JUST SAW THE PREDATOR!!!!