Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

auto clutch vs manuel clutch

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 06:28 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a lakota auto clutch and plan on buying a manuel clutch quad....my dad keeps on saying "your not gonna like manuel clutch to much hassel" is it really??

Old 07-08-2002, 07:13 PM
Trailblazer

Manual clutches just take about 5-10 minutes to get used to.

Auto clutches just make it easier to wheelie.

Old 07-08-2002, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider

<< i have a lakota auto clutch and plan on buying a manuel clutch quad....my dad keeps on saying &quot;your not gonna like manuel clutch to much hassel&quot; is it really?? >>

When you get older and want a faster quad your going to need to know how to use a manual clutch cause auto is for beginners.

Old 07-08-2002, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider

If I could get gears &amp; a manual clutch on my Prairie I would. You will forget all about that auto clutch junk! No offence!

Old 07-08-2002, 08:03 PM
Trailblazer

a couple years ago we got a good deal on a bayou and a lakota that why i have it.. im pretty good at riding i have ridden a warrior and 400ex so im gonna get one anywayz....plus i have another simple question that got me confused.. on a manuel clutch i know u use it to start and stop but do u puch in the clutch to shift or not cuz when i rode the 400 ex they told me not to but on the warrior they told me to it got me confused

Old 07-08-2002, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

Once you use a quad with a manual c;utch you will never go back it makes riding that much more fun. Its no hassle once you learn how to use it correctly.

Old 07-09-2002, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider

kawasakiguy,
Some people say that it is ok to shift without clutch. Personally, I use the clutch every time I shift. IMO , its kind of like shifting a car without the clutch, unless the RPM's are exactly right with the RPM's in the tranny and all that nonsense then its gonna be putting extra stress on the gears, shift forks, etc. Besides, it takes like .3 seconds to grab the clutch and shift even if you are racing, why not be safe about it instead of tearing your bike up?? Never heard anyone say they blew their tranny cause they were clutchin it to much....

Old 07-09-2002, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider

I prefer an autoclutch for technical trail riding (where you are picking your way through big rocks, etc.), but prefer a manual for everything else. There is some loss of power with the autoclutch, because you have to get the centrifugal clutch spinning before it engages.

Old 07-09-2002, 02:19 PM
Trailblazer

has anyone ever heard of this cool new product called the Revloc? it is a auto-clutch kit currently out for a few manual-clutch dirtbikes. a kit is now being designed for the 400ex. i dunno what you guys think, but i think it sounds like a neat product.

Old 07-09-2002, 02:28 PM
Pro Rider

Ive heard about it, it is unique in design but I really dont see its application besides drag racing perhaps?? I know drag racers (some) in automobiles prefer automatics for consistent E.T.'s . But i fail to see the use of this on a sport quad... If you dont want to have a manual clutch, then buy an auto clutch, why the hell would anyone wanna take a 400ex, raptor, dale, banshee, z400, ds, and make it into a auto clutch bike?! I can see the idea that some would want to have the power and speed without the 'hassle' of a manual clutch, but give me a break. thats ridiculous.

Quick Reply: auto clutch vs manuel clutch