Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

what does the stage2 jet kit do for the 250ex

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2002, 11:50 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]i was wondering does the stage2 jet kit on the 250ex improve speed on 250ex or more the acceleration any replys would help

Old 07-11-2002, 04:58 PM
Range Rover

doesnt do anything if you dont have any hop ups. you cant put a stage 2 jet kit in a stock machine. you would be running way too rich. its for if you have a exhaust and airfilter etc. then the jet kit compensates for the improved air flow so your not running lean.

Old 07-11-2002, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reecently, I have noticed several questions regarding the use of so-called "power kits". From the tone of the questions, the riders seem to think that adding a kit is a magic potion that will somehow increase the inherent power of their machine. True, if their ride is running a lean or even fat air/fuel mix, proper rejetting whether via a "kit" or simply rejetting the specific problem area will,SEEM to add additional power but only restores the basic power already there. Only engine work and/or improved exhaust & intake air flow is going to provide any additional power. I hope all this makes some sense to those newer riders and dispels some hope of making a Banshee or Raptor out of a Yamaha Breeze or Honda 90.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2002, 07:04 PM
Range Rover

amen brother.... lol!!

Old 07-11-2002, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

man i just got breeze for my daughter too. man you just busted my bubble[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
guess i'll have to stuff my yz400 motor in it for her[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2002, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

as for the jet kit, its a complete waste of money for this quad. i have it and the new needle that it comes with is was too short, no matter what main jet that i have in it it always runs too rich. and seeing that i'm an mechanic, and have tried to set up this quad using the jet kit on a snap-on 4 gas machine and a dyno. I can actually say that I wasted my money. Now if someone can tell me what magic that they have done to get the needle to work then i'd like to know.

Old 07-11-2002, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider

Thats right. Jet kits don't do a thing without filter & pipe mods. The only thing you can do, like hot_shoe_cv said, is to jet it for a certain condition, altitude & temp.

Old 07-12-2002, 10:26 AM
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]if i did put a stage 2 jet kit in i would buy a new air filter

Old 07-13-2002, 04:41 PM
Range Rover

I dont think you are getting the picture here!! jet kits are a kit full of main jets for your carborator. they come with a needle jet that goes in your slide on the carb. when you increase your air flow, you have to increase the fuel flow also or you will run lean. if you put too big of a main in you will run rich(too much fuel). jet kits are point less because you will only use 1 of the 20 some jets it comes with. the stages dont mean crap. just a name to make you buy their product. there are no difference between the stage 1 jets and the stage 2 jets. just all different sizes main jets. the bigger the main jet the bigger hole it has in it for more fuel. and the smaller the jet the smaller the hole.

say you are gonna get a pipe and filter. just find out from someone that has that same setup and ask them what size jet they have in. then go to the dealer and buy that size jet for like 4 bucks and thats it. you saved like 40 dollars. if you buy just a filter you might have to go up 1 size jet. especially since hondas are jetted lean from factory to begin with. hope I helped some and am right about this and Im not just babbleing.

Old 07-15-2002, 12:49 PM
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]just to let u no this isnt speedydog5 talking this is his kid anyways so your saying that if u ever put a jet kit and filter in u should have a pipe on there first

Quick Reply: what does the stage2 jet kit do for the 250ex