Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Saw the Rincon today! Pretty nice but.................

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2002, 12:47 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

humm

Old 08-21-2002, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider

The dealers who I have contacted start out at a firm $8,100...No room to budge because the demand is so high.

Old 08-21-2002, 01:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Local dealer here in SoCal, $7599.00 plus tax, lic. set up.

Like I have said in earlier posts, that Kawasaki P650 is looking better and better.

Old 08-21-2002, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

I would like to own a rincon... But I'll wait a year. I have the P650 and every time I ride it ....a huge grin immediately appears on my face. The power and handling is impressive. Everyone is saying that Honda has redfined a new class of big bores with its sportier ride when in truth it has only joined an already exsisting class initiated by the Kawi P650.

Old 08-21-2002, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider

Low automatically defaults to the D2 shifting functionality, but I would not recommend doing anything other than flat land in D2. As to whether or not it can climb a big rock with additional throttle, that's more an issue of gearing, idle RPM's, and clutch function. Some of you seem to be asking, solely so that you can debunk or shoot down the response. Axle clearance is a function of design , and on IRS systems, can be severly affected by the amount of weight being supported. Sportmans have a ton of rear axle clearance as is, but throw a bunch of weight on the rear racks, and you will lose a lot of clearance, and be at or below the amount provided by non-IRS systems. And shock capabilities (like pre-load) will also change the impact of weight on clearance.

Old 08-21-2002, 02:37 PM
Trailblazer

RubiconBob

You forgot one thing when the spring are compressed buy weight and you high center a IRS machine then you still have that distance that the wheels will still be making contact to the ground has the spring uncompress thus you still have traction. Where a straight axle when you high center your wheels comes off the ground and there for no longer have traction.

Old 08-21-2002, 03:12 PM
Fez
Range Rover

the automotive sytle tranny is a terrible idea. It sux in cars and sux in quads. CVT is so much better. Honda is just being queer
and trying to be different. They succeded in being different(they have the worst tranny in a utility right now)

Old 08-21-2002, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider

<< the automotive sytle tranny is a terrible idea. It sux in cars and sux in quads. CVT is so much better. Honda is just being queer >>

what a colorful insight! belt is made of rubber, rubi,rincon tranny is made of steal. by the way are you aware of the extra maintenance that a belt driven tranny requires?? well i am, now that i own one. i'm not saying this is a bad thing, just that it requires more time/money, and care to keep a belt driven tranny functioning properly.

i want peoples thoughts on this idea-why not put a filter on the air intake for the tranny??? this way it would keep everything in there cleanner, and eliminate the need for cleaning it.

Old 08-21-2002, 04:40 PM
Pro Rider

It's def. NOT the worst tranny in a utility right now....there's nothing wrong with it.

And I was quoted $7,000 plus tax and title for one today.....so that's not bad!

Old 08-21-2002, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

Friggin Great!
Another long boring debate about Belt driven ATVs...

$7,000 for a Rincon? You better ask for the &quot;out the door price&quot;. By the time they tack on all thier additional charges you'll be over 8K

Quick Reply: Saw the Rincon today! Pretty nice but.................