Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

How fast will they GO???

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-1999, 12:59 PM
ktk
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, you can't declare that all dealers that sell Honda's are rude because the one you went to was. It shows me how small your world is. I can promise you there are many friendly Honda dealers out there that will go out of their way to make their customers happy. But this isn't strictly about Honda, all manufacturers have "good/bad" dealers who may be "rude".

Love em or hate em, Honda builds high quality machines. In fact, all of the manufacturers do a pretty good job these days.

Old 12-12-1999, 02:19 PM
Trailblazer

I know that NOT ALL HONDA DEALERS ARE RUDE, but I think that the rude ones set a pretty bad example for people who are just starting off too go by!If you think that all ATV'S were created equal then you have never ridden a Yamaha!

Old 12-12-1999, 02:25 PM
Trailblazer

One other thing yes my mind is made up but at the same time it is neat too see how other atv's of a different brand of about the same size compare! I am also not talking about the NEW 2000 Big Bear I am talking about the 99 model which the exact cc's are 348cc!If you think that all atv's were created equal then you have never ridden a Yamaha!

Also I REALLY like my new 99 4x4 Big Bear and think that the shifting is great, don't compare it to am auto tranny either there is a BIG DIFFERENCE!

Old 12-12-1999, 02:37 PM
Trailblazer

I know how rude Honda dealers can be. My local Honda dealer is very rude. I once went to get an oil drain cap for my 200S and they gave me the wrong one. Well I went back to get the right one and they just laughed at me. I did'nt think it was very funny. But I did get the right one finally. They have also lost a customer I will never go back there. The only polite dealers I know of around here are the Polaris and Suzuki dealers. The Suzuki dealer also has Yamaha. So I don't get why Honda dealers are so rude either but they would'nt lose so many customers if they werent.

Trailblazer96

Old 12-12-1999, 03:38 PM
JRM
Pro Rider

Maybe the 2000 big bear would have a chance, but not the 99' Even my friends 99' kodiak 400 doenst even stand up to the rancher.. heck i cant even get his yamaha in or out of reverse without stompin on the lever.
Joe

Old 12-12-1999, 11:00 PM
Trailblazer

Don't judge the Big Bear 4x4 by the Kodiak auto tranny it is complety different! If you think that all atv's were created equal then you have never ridden a Yamaha!

Old 12-12-1999, 11:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

If we are comparing the speeds here, we should use comparable models rather than updated ones.

Compare the 99 big bear to the 99 honda 300, and compare the Rancher to the 2000 Bear.

Thats how you would do it if you were comparing hondas against hondas and Yamahas against Yamahas.

As far as dealers go, here's the jerk sum-up around here.

Polaris & Arctic Cat- The nicest folks you could want. (both are tractor dealers though- good old boys)

Honda- Polite people, but both area dealers will not come down any on price.

Suzuki/Kawasaki/Polaris - same dealership for all three brands and they are jerks. Know it all used car salesmen types. They are nice if they think you have money, but if you have been in more than once and still haven't bought anything, they are jerks.

Yamaha/Kawasaki/Suzuki- same dealership for all three brands and they are polite, but will try to blow smoke up your booty, and will not come down on price any.

Yamaha- these people are the biggest buttholes that you could imagine. I don't even go there to look anymore.

Arctic Cat- also a boat dealership. They change like the weather. Some guys are nice, some are obviously on commission and are trying to squeeze every nickel out of you, and some are just not very intellegent or informed. I dropped by here two months ago and saw a 99 AC 400 4x4 with a SALE tag on it that read "Only $5,900". The everyday price on a 2000 AC 400 4x4 at the other AC dealership is $5,400. You can guess who sells the most.

------------------
Andy Bassham *(1999 Arctic Cat 500 4x4, 1989 Honda 300)*

Old 12-12-1999, 11:30 PM
Trailblazer

Yamaha guy's were the nicest of ant other too me! Then compare the 300 99 honda 4x4 too the Big Bear 4x4 Yamaha! I you think that all atv's were created equal then you have never riddena Yamaha!

Old 12-13-1999, 06:43 AM
JRM
Pro Rider

Timberwolf dude, The 99' Kodiak that i was comparing it to has a 5 speed auto clutch tranny too. I wasnt comparing it to the new 00' kodiak's belt drive. IF anything i was giving you some credit Hey, I perfer hondas but I also Like the yammies.
Joe

[This message has been edited by JRM (edited 12-13-1999).]

Old 12-13-1999, 07:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Timberwolf82, you never answered SCman's question above!

Since you've purchased a quad and are thoroughly happy with it and the dealer who sold it, WHY DO YOU SOLICIT THE OPINIONS OF OTHERS?

This topic carries an interesting theme; some prefer buying from "nice" dealerships, at least dealerships with "nice" sales staffs who apparently are willing to discount their merchandise.

This quest for niceness in the sales staff is intense enough to drive some customers into purchasing brands of ATV's other than their first choice.

I wonder if this policy is best for the buyer; the salesman may never be seen again after the transaction; contact with the dealership will be with the parts counterman and service writer after sale; and the buyer will live with the product he buys for perhaps as long as its service life lasts.

Do people buy automobiles the same way? "I really wanted a Chevy, you know I'm a Chevy man, but that Chevy salesman wasn't nice, so I bought a Ford from the nice Ford salesman."

The comments establish the importance to some of the relationship, or apparent relationship, developed in the sales transaction; a factor even more important than the product choice in some cases.

I THINK the product would drive my purchase; if I couldn't deal with one dealership, I'd find another SOMEWHERE on the planet where I could buy the product of choice. However, I may be more influenced by the realtionship than I realize.

My suggestion: LISTEN UP, ATV SALESMEN!

Tree Farmer

Quick Reply: How fast will they GO???