Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Need help wiring TRX300 to start in any gear......

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2002, 01:45 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone tell me the procedure to wire a TRX300 so it will start in any gear. I know there will be a grounding button to push, but that's OK. I wired the 400 Foreman and it works fine, but the same procedure doesn't seem to work on the 300. Thanks in advance.

Old 04-29-2003, 01:59 AM
Range Rover
Default Need help wiring TRX300 to start in any gear......

Has anyone come up with a solution for this? I'd be interested in doing it, too.

Old 04-29-2003, 04:10 PM
Range Rover

whats the benefits?

Old 04-29-2003, 06:06 PM
Range Rover

I don't suppose it's the end of the world if I couldn't do so, but say for instance you hop on your bike and it's in 1st or 2nd gear you can just hit the starter and run. Or, let's say you're tooling along and you happen to bump your kill switch. If you're in 3rd or 4th gear it would really be nice to be able to just hit your starter and keep rolling. Otherwise you have to downshift to neutral, come to a stop before restarting your engine. If you and your buddy are playing tag that could be a real pain. Maybe it sounds petty, but I can think of several times I wish I'd had that ability.

JC

Old 04-30-2003, 02:00 PM
Range Rover

soz for the stupid question but how do you play tag on atv's?

Old 04-30-2003, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider

well I too have thought about doing this to my atv and I am a tech at a Honda dealer and have had others want to be able to do this also. It is a saftey feature so keep that in mind what you need to know is that the wire need to ground to turn on the neutral light that's as much as I will tell you because like I say it is a saftey feature besides what fun would it be not to be able to play tag on ATV and not be able to reach over and turn off your kill switch making you have to shift back to neutral to restart.

Old 05-01-2003, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

Are you saying that you can't just pull in the clutch on this model? If not, it doesn't seem like a safety feature to me. I've stalled in some pretty bad spots that I wouldn't have time to find neutral. Ever been following someone to closely up a steep hill and they stall? I want them to be able to get started ASAP.

This makes about as much sense as not putting lights on kids quads. I run with my lights on in the day all the time just hoping to give another rider a better chance of seeing me if we are coming towards each other.

/NotuRaptor

Old 05-01-2003, 01:46 AM
Range Rover

We're talking a utility quad here, not a sport quad. It has an automatic clutch so you don't have a clutch lever to pull.

Old 05-02-2003, 01:04 AM
Trailblazer

It should be as simple as unhooking the two wires that go into the whole clutch lever piece. . I did that to my buddy's 400ex and it worked great. . there is nothing to it. . it takes about 2 minutes . .good luck. . let me know if that works

Old 05-02-2003, 09:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well cluby, you just basically gave the thing away. You're worried about safety and you're playing tag on atv's?? All you need is a wiring diagram and real basic electric skills. If you can't figure out from there, maybe you shouldn't be trying it. Jeepr didn't do this, his info is wrong for this model.

Quick Reply: Need help wiring TRX300 to start in any gear......