Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

ATV Television and Doug Meyer

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say his show isn't much better than no show and here is why.

Lets say 4 out of 6 shows are about utes just for the sake of argument. Show aspects of the entire test mud, rocks, hauling, climbing, handling etc. Not a rock climing clip and a hear I am riding along in a straight line in my ATV Television helmet. How can his opinion be credible to us if he doesn't show us bits and pieces of all the tests he put the atv through?

Why not have some of the guys that race and build utes like Mike Penland?

Why not more race coverage and short interviews with the riders?

He could easily double the amount of atv related content by not worrying about the cinematography, candid shots, history and general shutting of the trap after all what is it the show is called again? Yeah, that's what I thought. LOL
Digglersaurus

Old 08-30-2002, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider

Doug Meyers can do whatever he wants with that POS show he has. Myself and others on here voiced our opinion about what types of content would make for a better show that was more well-rounded. He didn't want to hear it - kept talking about "the market is utility quads" and how there are more utility riders....

I quit watching it - except this past Wednesday night for the Rincon "review". How many viewers are going to tune in week after week to watch the same old crap; not me.

I love ATVs and his is the only ATV show on TV and I haven't watched it for at least 4 or 5 months. What does that say about how I feel about the show??? Let him kill the show because it won't matter to me since I can't stand to watch it anyway.

Old 08-30-2002, 06:23 PM
Range Rover

i still watch the show because its the only thing besides gncc tv but i think atv telivision sucks because half the time is talking and fu*king around besides getting to the point of the show ATVS not nature and sight seeing,and i also disagre that they never do sport quad test or comparisons its always the ozark,or the monster 4x4 test which get boring when they dont even push the atvs limits they go like 15mph and no mud,hills,or jump[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] but i spose its because they follow every rule and dont want to harm nature with doughtnut turns in stead of the grandpa 3 pointer

Doug Myer do us all a faver and change the show and replace youyrself with someone younger!

Old 08-30-2002, 06:23 PM
Pro Rider

I'm saying even as a show about utilities it rots.

Old 08-30-2002, 09:38 PM
Trailblazer

Ok, Everyone lets not be too hard on the guy. Yeah the show sucks and I watch like once every three months. How many of you would truely watch a show, with better and more coverage, religiously??? What days and times should it be on to best suit everyone???

Try this: go the the outdoor channel page and email about this problem. the more input they get the better. I have sent in a few emails with good response. it was not toward ATV tele, but the other programs I watch got enough response to change things.

Old 08-30-2002, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider

Personally I'm amazed it has been on so long. It is the by far the worst show on tv, painful to watch.

Old 08-31-2002, 03:43 AM
Trailblazer

ATV Television and it's content remind me of a show that was on TNN a number of years ago called "Truckin' USA". Supposedly about customized pick-up trucks, the shows content was mainly made up of the show's host driving around some town or city, giving historical and other information about that particular place. In the entire 30 min program there were usually 2, 2-3min segments about someones customized truck, and possibly some sort of aftermarket product segment. Talk about nap material. Anyone rememeber that?

Old 08-31-2002, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider

alexiz400, we have alot of place's here in the county,Brimstone,Chitwood Mt,some places in the BSF,and so on,There are great places all within an hour from here, Windrock in Oliver Spring's is about 45 minute's, Blackhouse Mt.border's Pickett state park is about 45 minute's and Royal Blue is about 30 minute's away, I guess we are lucky to have these places.....

Old 09-02-2002, 10:38 AM
Pro Rider

Dirtdiggler, you're right... Even if it was called "Utility ATV TV" it would still suck.

BTW, , I've done the e-mail thing at the Outdoor Channel but never got a response and of course the show still reeks!!!

Old 09-02-2002, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

I e-mailed him once and he responded fairly quickly. I tried to e-mail him again last week with a couple of suggestions. I tried to be very diplomatic about it but we'll see if he responds this time.

Quick Reply: ATV Television and Doug Meyer